Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Collections (AT&T)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFNI Collections (AT&T)

Hey peeps!

Well to my surprise in the mail today was an account that has been on my credit report. I've known it's been on my credit as a delinquent account. So funny just when I've been approved for a card etc. I finally hear from them in mail form. I owe 343$ but they are willing to settle with 171$. How should I go about this? Call them? Ask for pay for delete with 171? Thanks for your help.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: AFNI Collections (AT&T)

What derogs are reported under the account, and what are their credit report exclusion dates?

What is the SOL in your state, and is the debt still within SOL?

Is any reporting inaccurate?

Finally, delinquent accounts are always subject to referral or sale to a debt collector, and thus have the possibility of addition of a collection to your credit report.

As for how to pay, if saving $ is your primary concern, then a settlement for less offer would likely be your next step.

However, if deletion of reported derogs is your primary concern, then a PFD offer would be the next step.

PFDs are usually difficult to obtain, and thus I would seriously consider making the PFD offer for the full amount of the debt rather than playing around with a PFD offer that also asks for acceptance of less than the full amount of the debt.

Message 2 of 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

AT&T quite often changes collection agencies (around every 6 months). If you are wanting to remove the account then you can monitor your reports and when/if this happens call AT&T and pay before it goes to a new CA.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the SOL. I'm bout ready to pay this. Need help on action. Thanks

If you are a Utah resident with unpaid debt, it’s important to understand Utah statute of limitations and debt laws and statutes of limitations in case you are contacted by a debt collector.
In Utah, the statute of limitations for any signed written contract, obligation or liability is 6 years. For unwritten (verbal) contracts, obligations, or liabilities, the statute of limitation for an unpaid debt expires after 4 years. Unpaid debt from open accounts for goods, wares, merchandise, and services rendered or for the price of any article charged on a store account has a statute of limitation of 4 years, after which debt collectors can no longer utilize the legal system to recover the debt.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's AFNI. They just sent me this letter today.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.