Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Course of Action

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AFNI Course of Action

I am also having no luck with the RecoveryTeam@afni.com email address.  If anyone has other direct emails I would greatly appreciate them.  My PFD letter was met with an update to Experian as a dispute. LOL!   I will keep plugging along with help from all my fico friends and eventually I will prevail.

Message 21 of 32
doctort
Valued Member

If anyone still has the e-mail addresses please PM me also.  Just lost 22 points because of old phone bill past SOL.

Thanks.

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is an old post but we need this kind of help now too. If anyone has those ( or updated) emails can you please pm me with them I would greatly appreciate it,
Thanks
Message 23 of 32
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to bring up an old thread but if llecs reads this - do you still have the other email addresses for Afni that you used (other than the recoveryteam email)? If so, could you please pm it to me? I've tried PFD to the recoveryteam email and they gave the regular "we don't do that" speil.

Thanks in advance

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 32
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Call daily and write letters. Beg and plead. They will PFD and even GW if you work at it hard enough.  I'm living proof!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 25 of 32
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

Call daily and write letters. Beg and plead. They will PFD and even GW if you work at it hard enough.  I'm living proof!

Thanks, Booner. I will give up on the emails and go snail mail and begging.

Message 26 of 32
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

I had been receiving letters for several years from Afni regarding an old T-Mobile account that I had.  Afni said the balance was $638 which was pretty close to being right with the early termination fee.  Just recently they sent me settlement offers first for $100 and most recently for $50.  I tried to get them to agree to a PFD, but I kept getting the response, "we don't exchange payments for deletions".  I decided to go ahead and pay the settlement of $50.  Within a month of paying the $50 settlement, Afni was deleted off my credit report.  T-Mobile never reported.

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 27 of 32
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

If they would just send me a settlement offer, I might would do just that, proudnavymom. I sure can't afford the $1,132 they say I owe Verizon Wireless. They did verify by sending me a copy of my last VW bill. I had moved to another state and really had no idea it was that high. The last bill I saw was half that. UGH

Message 28 of 32
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Lois5669 wrote:

Sorry to bring up an old thread but if llecs reads this - do you still have the other email addresses for Afni that you used (other than the recoveryteam email)? If so, could you please pm it to me? I've tried PFD to the recoveryteam email and they gave the regular "we don't do that" speil.

Thanks in advance

Ah...the memories...

I avoided e-mail like the plague. IMO, you'll have more success via snail mail than e-mail. With e-mail, they don't pass your note around. When you mail a letter, there's a chance it'll go into more hands and thereby increasing your odds of success. Also, e-mail typically goes to just one person. CSRs picking up mail from the mailroom are many and you'll have more of an opportunity to see success.

HOWEVER...I sent many DVs/PFDs to AFNI using the two known addresses (at that time) and when that failed, I had no other options but to start sending faxes and e-mails. The lady that responded was some sort of compliance officer or the like. I forgot her title but it went along the same lines. Months later I got a PM from someone asking for that info and they used it only to learn the e-mail bounced back. Either they quit or they no longer use that e-mail, though it was directly to her. I have since removed that person from my memory and couldn't even guess the address.

When I found the e-mail, I used mad Google skills. The domain seemed to vary but I google searched "@afni.net", "@afni.com", "@afninet.net", and "@afninet.com". AFNI uses at least a couple of these domains and I know for sure they change up their e-mail domain from time to time. I also searched CA-related tradeshows and association directories and those had full e-mails, faxes, etc. Eventually I ended up with that lady. I also remember having the e-mails of their top officers.

Good luck!

BTW, make sure SOL has expired unless you have the $$$ to PIF. Otherwise, I'd wait. You wouldn't want them suing. If you are aiming for PFDs, you can always offer a settlement to save money.

Message 29 of 32
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Lois5669 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Ah...the memories...

I avoided e-mail like the plague. IMO, you'll have more success via snail mail than e-mail. With e-mail, they don't pass your note around. When you mail a letter, there's a chance it'll go into more hands and thereby increasing your odds of success. Also, e-mail typically goes to just one person. CSRs picking up mail from the mailroom are many and you'll have more of an opportunity to see success.

HOWEVER...I sent many DVs/PFDs to AFNI using the two known addresses (at that time) and when that failed, I had no other options but to start sending faxes and e-mails. The lady that responded was some sort of compliance officer or the like. I forgot her title but it went along the same lines. Months later I got a PM from someone asking for that info and they used it only to learn the e-mail bounced back. Either they quit or they no longer use that e-mail, though it was directly to her. I have since removed that person from my memory and couldn't even guess the address.

When I found the e-mail, I used mad Google skills. The domain seemed to vary but I google searched "@afni.net", "@afni.com", "@afninet.net", and "@afninet.com". AFNI uses at least a couple of these domains and I know for sure they change up their e-mail domain from time to time. I also searched CA-related tradeshows and association directories and those had full e-mails, faxes, etc. Eventually I ended up with that lady. I also remember having the e-mails of their top officers.

Good luck!

BTW, make sure SOL has expired unless you have the $$$ to PIF. Otherwise, I'd wait. You wouldn't want them suing. If you are aiming for PFDs, you can always offer a settlement to save money.

@Thank you so much for the tips. I did just as you said with Google. I ended up sending some emails that bounced back and then I did a variation of the president's name @Anonymous.com and it didn't come back so I'll wait and see if I get a response. I found another officer's name, too, so I'll try him next if need be. I feel like I'm swimming upstream here and going nowhere but I know that is how it is. I'll keep paddling lol

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.