Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Delete - 30 pt Increase

tag
tbque
Valued Contributor

Re: AFNI Delete - 30 pt Increase

Just wanted to say thank you to cass for sharing his success. It prompted me to do the same thing and I found out today that AFNI has deleted the info.from all 3 CRs (showing up on EX & EQ already, not sure about TU). Didn't see an immediate score increase on EX, but I'm just happy it's gone. 1 down 5 to go, but this gives me hope! LET'S GO!!!

Message 71 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone. 

I had received a collection from AFNI sometime in 2009 and just paid the $37 to get rid of it the issue even though Verizon had told me over the phone that a balance had been removed from my acount.  I figured the problem went away, but I was wrong.  I just had my credit report run because I am trying to get a loan and apparently AFNI had filed a derogatory remark on my credit report.  The collection is marked paid, but that doesn't help as far as my credit score is concerned.  If I send an email to this magic email address, will AFNI send something to the credit bureaus to remove the remark?  I'm hoping to get htis resolved in the next week since I will have to lock in an interest rate soon.

Can someone please send me the email address to which I should send my request?  I am really hoping this will work.  I almost fainted when my lender told me about this today and how it would negatively affect my mortgage rate.  Thanks!!

Message 72 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

can i get the email address too.

Message 73 of 107
Boy
Established Member

can i get the email address too thank you.

Message 74 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was very skeptical when I read these posts.  I always thought getting something removed from your credit report was really difficult and sometimes it's difficult to trust too good to be true info on the internet.  However, the collection AFNI filed knocked my credit score low enough to impact the interest rate I would be able to get for a home loan so I tried it.  I sent a simple email explaining that I had paid the collection and that I wanted it removed from my credit report.  AFNI had only filed against Equifax and Experian and both were removed within 2 business days.  My lender ran my credit report again today and my credit score jumped up a ton.  Thanks everyone!

Message 75 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone  send me the email address.

Message 76 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't get it.  I followed some of the advice of postings to DV AFNI and then send a PFD letter to their email address.

Then I get this...Do I still pay them even though they are removing it from my credit report?  It's only for $100 and it has been 5 years.

I know where to make the payment but it didn't state so in the email.  Also got a certified letter explaining the same thing.

Why would they remove it first without being paid?  Pleaes advise

This letter is to verify that we have filed a request with the credit bureaus to delete the account listed above from your credit report.

If you have any questions, please contact our office toll free at 1-888-827-6002 Monday through Friday 7am – 9pm CST.

You have the right to inspect your credit.  This letter is from a debt collector.

Sincerely,

Afni, Inc.

Message 77 of 107
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

They probably either gave up and closed it or maybe they sold it after receiving the PFD. I'd wait for any letter from them before doing anything.

Message 78 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ALL,

I sent a PFD e-mail to them on thursday night, then recieved the same e-mail response (as yours) from them friday morning. I am sending payment out tomm although noticed that it hasn't been removed yet as of today. Wish me luck in this. I will keep you posted as to the outcome.

Message 79 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

E-mail address

Hello,

I just found this board and was wondering if it would be possible for someone to send me that e-mail address that everyone has used to get Afni deleted from their credit reports.  Also, an idea of what you said in the e-mail would be helpful as I am not exaclty sure what to say!

Thanks so much in advance.

Message 80 of 107
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.