cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Dispute Letter.... What is my next move?

tag
wills77
Established Member

AFNI Dispute Letter.... What is my next move?

I have recenty disputed a collection from AFNI and today I received the following letter....

Afni is investigating your dispute related to the above accound and Afni has informend the credit reporting agencies that the account is disputed. The final resolution of the disputed account has been delayed due to insufficient information provided. Afni requests additional informationso that we may conclude the investigation. We will complete our investigation within 30 days of receipt of the following information:

The specific information you dispute

An explanation of the basis of your dispute

All supporting documentation to substantiate your claim. Examples may include but is not limited

to, photocopy of your driver's license, the identifiaction page of your passport, proof of residency  at time of service, receipts, etc.

A valid phone number to contact you.

Please contact our office to resolve this matter.

Hours of Operation

This communication is from a debt collector. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose. You have the right to inspect your credit

Starting Score: 576
Current Score: 622
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AFNI Dispute Letter.... What is my next move?

Have you sent them a DV letter yet?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Without reading your actual dispute letter, its hard to tell what you need to fix in it, but gathering from what they say they need from you in order to investigate properly, you didn't include that info in the original letter. Sooo, I would do another letter clearly stating the account your disputing and other pertinent information they're requesting. I can't stand AFNI anyway, I had to help hubby dispute something on his report from them and it ended up going to the BBB. It was finally removed after 2 months, so good luck with those crooks!
Message 3 of 5
wills77
Established Member

I did sent a DV letter and this is their response... I did include Afni account # and original creditor account #....

Starting Score: 576
Current Score: 622
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then tell them to KICK ROCKS!! Yall excuse me, they just wreck my everloving nerves!! I just know the back and forth I had with them on my hubby's report so its giving me flashbacks and I get a little P'd off. I'll let one of these seasoned credit repair geeks (meant in a nice way of course) answer what your next move should be then. I personally think its a scheme at prolonging the time they have to validate.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.