Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Email- Didn't work for me :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFNI Email- Didn't work for me :(

Ok, so am I the only person this didn't work for? I have sent a PFD and received a reply that they would on 3 different occasions, just like everyone else. However, they haven't deleted the entry. Anyone else have the same problem as me?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: AFNI Email- Didn't work for me :(

Have you tried to email them again and attach a copy of the email stating they would delete? 

It can take up to 90 days for the CRA to do this.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't emailed them again. I know they say it can take up to 90 days it just seems like everyone had pretty quick results. I'm at the 35 day mark.

Message 3 of 6
DoItDiva
Valued Member

I would keep trying to send the email.  I had send them several letters with no results.  On Tuesday I went on the forums and came across the AFNI email thread.  I sent the email, got a response within the 1/2 hour that they would remove from my credit reports.  I checked my reports today and it has been removed from both my Transunion and Experian reports.  My scores jumped from 590 to 647 and 618 to 665.  I couldnt believe it.  Keep trying!! 

Message 4 of 6
tbque
Valued Contributor

Strugglin, did you pay AFNI yet? Try paying them, I settled with them for less than the amount owed and they still deleted my info. today. I called them this morning to offer to pay the balance I still owed and they said don't bother we already sent a request to the CRAs to delete and sure enough they had been deleted. Hope this helps, good luck!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update-

Transunion & Experian have deleted their AFNI entries. Equifax is the lone hold out. Of course, Equifax is almost always reporting weird stuff on me that they won't budge on. I just finally disputed it today and I guess we shall see what happens.... Who knows?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.