cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI GW SUCCESS (I THINK)

tag
hpfan10016

AFNI GW SUCCESS (I THINK)

Hello all! About two years ago I paid my account with AFNI, INC (50% settlement, I believe) and am now currently attempting to clear up my credit even more.

Tonight I emailed AFNI to see if they would consider having it removed since I paid. Of course, they agreed. I say 'of course' because it seems most people who contact them about removal end up having it removed.

By the way, they sent me the letter telling me they'd remove it exactly 31 minutes after I emailed them.

Anyway, I'm sharing this (hopefully) success because in the letter stating they'd remove it from all three reports it also said BALANCE DUE: $127.95.  I have, in fact, already paid this...two years ago. The letter mentioned NOTHING about paying them.

Should I be worried about the letter showing a balance? Or should I thank the heavens, stars, Gods of Oprah (only kidding) that it's being deleted and that they're not asking me to pay it...again. I hope I'm making sense right now.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tekguy2k1
Established Member

Re: AFNI GW SUCCESS (I THINK)

Hey hpfan,

When I emailed AFNI, they replied back to me with the deletion letter in 13 minutes, and they held true to their word.  It was off my credit within a couple days after I PIF $150.  I could have settled for $50, but I didn't want to take the risk of it being resold  I would pay the 127.95 just to make sure it doesn't get resold.  I used to work for a different division of AFNI, but the reason they can respond so quickly to the request is they have an internal program with standard responses that the agent clicks on and hits send.  Just an FYI if anyone was wondering.

Message 2 of 4
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Here is a link to another forum regarding AFNI GW's/PFD's.  It seems that everyone that emails AFNI has had very good luck except for me Smiley Sad  (my experiences are found near the end of the linked forum).

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Afni-Success/td-p/713673

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It work for me Smiley Very Happy I e-mail them and I get a letter stating that they will delete. Good Will letter work.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.