Frequent Contributor
bruiseviolet

AFNI PFD FTW!

I am so happy to be able to share my FIRST success in this mess =)

I sent a PFD on an account- fully expecting them to send me a letter back saying they would agree to the PFD.  Instead, to my surprise was a letter back saying they couldn't verify my account, and were removing the collection off my credit reports and closing the account.  LOL  WOOHOOO

Btw- this was an account with AFNI Inc.    Didn't send them a DV- just sent a PFD which stated it wasn't a DV... LOL and they still sent a letter back saying they couldn't verify the account and were closing and going to have it deleted from CR's.  I was jumping for joy =)

►START March 2011 (FICO) EQ: 537 • EX: 551 • TU: 574 | 3 Collections | 34 Medical Collections | 2 Judgements | 1 Paid Collection | 11 name/address variations
►January 2012 (FICO) EQ: 564 • EX: 643 • TU: 576 | 1 Collection | 18 Medical Collections | 1 Judgement | 0 Paid Collections | 0 name/address variations
►February 2012 EQ:??? • EX:??? • TU: 580 | 0 Collections | 17 Medical Collections | 1 judgement | 0 Paid Collections | 0 name/address variations
►March 2012 EQ: 550 =(
MarineVietVet

Re: AFNI PFD FTW!

bruiseviolet wrote:

I am so happy to be able to share my FIRST success in this mess =)

I sent a PFD on an account- fully expecting them to send me a letter back saying they would agree to the PFD.  Instead, to my surprise was a letter back saying they couldn't verify my account, and were removing the collection off my credit reports and closing the account.  LOL  WOOHOOO

Btw- this was an account with AFNI Inc.    Didn't send them a DV- just sent a PFD which stated it wasn't a DV... LOL and they still sent a letter back saying they couldn't verify the account and were closing and going to have it deleted from CR's.  I was jumping for joy =)

Congratulations! I hope this is just the first of many.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}