Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI-PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFNI-PFD

I have sent an PFD request to AFNI for an old AT&T bill but they sent me the canned response "We do not exchange credit deletions for payments". Should I wait a couple of weeks and try to send another PFD request.  Does anyone have a direct contact with AFNI or any tips on getting them to accept the PFD agreement.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AFNI-PFD

How old is the bill?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

From 2010 not due to fall off CR until 2017...

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, its been my experience that AT&T does not leave their delinquent accounts with a collector for very long - which can work in your favor. Do you know how long AFNI has had this account?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like since November 2014. I have reached out to AT&T and offered to pay them directly but they told me I had to pay AFNI.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so you're just approaching the 6 month mark. I had a similar account with DirecTV, and have an AT&T account as well. Here is what I noticed with both. They seem to have a list of CAs that they use - Enhanced Recovery (ERC), AFNI, Diversified Consultants, etc. If they (AT&T) see no movement on an account they will move it to the next collector on there list, and they *seem* to do this at about 6 month intervals. The DirecTV account for example, was placed with Diversified on 2/14, and was reported 4/14. Then in late september  2014, I suddenly got a new bill for DirecTV from AFNI, who was not yet reporting the account. I noticed that it said on it that I could called DirecTV and make arrangements with them, which is what I did. Because I paid it quickly, before the new collector began reporting it, they never did report it at all, and I was able to go to TU's website and dispute the Diversified entry with the comment "This collector does not have collection authority on this account." The entry was removed.

Now with AT&T, they placed it with ERC 5/14, it was reported 6/14, and in December 2014, I got a new bill for AT&T from Bay Area Credit. Unfortunately, I failed to note that the collection agent had changed, until I got another notice in January, and they had already started reporting it then. But If I had moved quickly in December I could have had that one drop the same way.

So I would suggest you just wait a couple of months - don't answer any calls from AFNI, and don't send them any more PFD's, just wait another couple of months but watch for a notice from a new collector, and watch your reports to see if AFNI suddenly drops off. If you get a new notice, tell the new collector you had not been aware of the bill and you want to pay it immediately to KEEP IT OFF YOUR REPORTS. This is a much easier agreement to get than a PFD.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm excellent. I will just stand by and wait for the new notice. Thanks for the advice.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny, I just got two alerts that. One from AFNI for AT&T, and another for Directv. 

I was just about to send off DV's, but I think I'll wait to see if these fall off and then I'll move from there. 

Although, I don't really know what the DIrectv debt is for. I returned all equipment and paid the all my bills. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so you're just approaching the 6 month mark. I had a similar account with DirecTV, and have an AT&T account as well. Here is what I noticed with both. They seem to have a list of CAs that they use - Enhanced Recovery (ERC), AFNI, Diversified Consultants, etc. If they (AT&T) see no movement on an account they will move it to the next collector on there list, and they *seem* to do this at about 6 month intervals. The DirecTV account for example, was placed with Diversified on 2/14, and was reported 4/14. Then in late september  2014, I suddenly got a new bill for DirecTV from AFNI, who was not yet reporting the account. I noticed that it said on it that I could called DirecTV and make arrangements with them, which is what I did. Because I paid it quickly, before the new collector began reporting it, they never did report it at all, and I was able to go to TU's website and dispute the Diversified entry with the comment "This collector does not have collection authority on this account." The entry was removed.

Now with AT&T, they placed it with ERC 5/14, it was reported 6/14, and in December 2014, I got a new bill for AT&T from Bay Area Credit. Unfortunately, I failed to note that the collection agent had changed, until I got another notice in January, and they had already started reporting it then. But If I had moved quickly in December I could have had that one drop the same way.

So I would suggest you just wait a couple of months - don't answer any calls from AFNI, and don't send them any more PFD's, just wait another couple of months but watch for a notice from a new collector, and watch your reports to see if AFNI suddenly drops off. If you get a new notice, tell the new collector you had not been aware of the bill and you want to pay it immediately to KEEP IT OFF YOUR REPORTS. This is a much easier agreement to get than a PFD.

Will try this method as well. I had a collections account removed from my report from Enhanced Recovery (AT&T) and now AFNI popped up this month.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I just got AFNI off my credit. I got a email today that they got something from Dish requesting it to be removed off my credit. I did in fact talk to a dispute agent at dish and he helped me remove it. 

So if it was not for Dish I don`t think I could have gotten Afni to remove it.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.