Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFNI Question...

Hi All-- I'm new to the forums... Long time reader, first time poster!

I've taken some major steps to rebuilding my credit and overall have been doing a great job! I have several revolving accounts that are PIF every month which are helping tremendously, however, I still have 3 items total (with some bureaus only listing 1/3 or 2/3) under $1000 in collections. One was just added this morning and was a complete misunderstanding as I had an agreement to pay the debt in installments. This is for a debt in the amount of $377 with AT&T (through Afni.) I agreed to pay the amount in 3 bi-weekly installments, with an initial downpayment of $50. My life was crazy last month and I totally forgot to pay the $50, and now this account is reporting to Experian. I called this morning to see if Afni would be willing to remove the item as they took an auto payment from my account yesterday despite the fact that the promise to pay was broken. I understand this was my fault and I take full responsiblity... I am just bummed to see this account appear, since I have worked so hard to clear up my credit in hopes of purchasing a home early next year! Any advice on this would be appreciated.

TIA Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AFNI Question...

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All-- I'm new to the forums... Long time reader, first time poster!

I've taken some major steps to rebuilding my credit and overall have been doing a great job! I have several revolving accounts that are PIF every month which are helping tremendously, however, I still have 3 items total (with some bureaus only listing 1/3 or 2/3) under $1000 in collections. One was just added this morning and was a complete misunderstanding as I had an agreement to pay the debt in installments. This is for a debt in the amount of $377 with AT&T (through Afni.) I agreed to pay the amount in 3 bi-weekly installments, with an initial downpayment of $50. My life was crazy last month and I totally forgot to pay the $50, and now this account is reporting to Experian. I called this morning to see if Afni would be willing to remove the item as they took an auto payment from my account yesterday despite the fact that the promise to pay was broken. I understand this was my fault and I take full responsiblity... I am just bummed to see this account appear, since I have worked so hard to clear up my credit in hopes of purchasing a home early next year! Any advice on this would be appreciated.

TIA Smiley Happy

I would be beginning a campaign of GW letters asking for removal of the  TL .  Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.