Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Removal

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: AFNI Removal

It can take about a month for the CB's to update.  If they dont...contact afni again.  Sometimes a dispute comes back to bite ya! 

SSH0126...did you get a "delete" in writing????  Either in the mail or email??  Hopefully not over the phone cuz they'll tell you anything you want to hear.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 19
movinonup79
Regular Contributor

Wow... so I called AFNI on Monday and paid my collection, the guy indicated he would be sending a delete letter and gave me his name, ID number and direct number.  I pulled my 3 reports this morning and no AFNI collection on any of them!  HOLY WOW!

I hope the other steps I have been taking currently will be happening soon!  Also, my experian jumped from 544 to 573. Very happy!

04/01/10 - TU: 659 / EX: 648 / EQ: 601 (LO Scores)
2/25/10 - EQ 588 / EX 660 (LO) / TU 633
2/9/10 - EQ 567 / EX 585 / TU 601
1/12/09 - EQ 544 / EX 570 / TU 593
12/12/09 - EQ 536 / EX 555 / TU 582
11/13/09 - EQ 536 / EX 586 / TU 566
11/03/09 - EQ 540 / EX 544 / TU 574
07/18/06 - EQ 478
Message 12 of 19
SSH0126
Established Contributor

No I did not get anything about a pay for delete. I know they are on my cb report though and would like to get it removed.

Message 13 of 19
IdPrincess03
Valued Member

After going over my Experian credit report I was able to get a  couple of item removed by submitting an online dispute.  Doing the same thing for my Transunion and Equifax now. Smiley Happy
**I AM NOT A LAWYER OR EXPERT IN DEBT RECOVERY. ALL IS ADVICE IS GIVEN BASED ON MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. WHEN IN DOUBT, SEEK PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE.**
Message 14 of 19
SSH0126
Established Contributor

So did you just say that it was a mistake or unkonwn?? And from the time you submitted the report until the removal how many days was it???
Message 15 of 19
IdPrincess03
Valued Member

I went through the report and most of the accounts that reporting were past the 7 year statute of limitation for reporting to the agencies so they were removed.

By law you are allowed a free credit report once a year so I went online and got my report. Then went through and looked for any errors whether it was misspellings, wrong or outdated addresses and any old accounts that were at least 7 years old.  It took about 30 days from the day I submitted my report to get a response. Hope that helped.

**I AM NOT A LAWYER OR EXPERT IN DEBT RECOVERY. ALL IS ADVICE IS GIVEN BASED ON MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. WHEN IN DOUBT, SEEK PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE.**
Message 16 of 19
SSH0126
Established Contributor

SO For instance if they have an outdated address or a name or something is mispelled you just say this is a mistake or you dont know who the creditor is and please remove????

Is is 7rs years from the last date of activity???

Message 17 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

SSH0126 wrote:

SO For instance if they have an outdated address or a name or something is mispelled you just say this is a mistake or you dont know who the creditor is and please remove????

Is is 7rs years from the last date of activity???

It is 7 to 7.5 yrs from DOFD, not DOLA. And removing old OC accounts beyond 7 yrs would likely result in a score drop.

The name and address is your personal info...you have have that changed or removed. If you don't know who a creditor is, and you are 100% certain it is not yours, you can dispute it as "not mine". This may result in a fraud alert which may help in preventing bogus accounts from appearing...but make it harder to apply for credit.

Message 18 of 19
IdPrincess03
Valued Member

Thank you for clairfying that for her.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.