Did you mean: 

AFNI Success!

tag
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

Re: AFNI Success!

@butterfly3303 wrote:

Good afternoon all!

Just wanted to share a success story (thanks to this board!)

I sent an email to ANFI for a PDF. I sent the email at 1:34 pm today and received the below response at 1:56 pm today:  Only 2 more to go!!!

This letter is to verify that we have filed a request with the credit bureaus to delete the account listed above from your credit report.

If you have any questions, please contact our office toll free at 1-888-827-6002 Monday through Friday 7am – 9pm CST. 

You have the right to inspect your credit.  This letter is from a debt collector.

Sincerely,

Afni, Inc.

Did you have a stettlement offer with them, before you sent a PFD to them?

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 21 of 32
butterfly3303
New Contributor

@stoopidmunkee wrote:

@butterfly3303 wrote:

Good afternoon all!

Just wanted to share a success story (thanks to this board!)

I sent an email to ANFI for a PDF. I sent the email at 1:34 pm today and received the below response at 1:56 pm today:  Only 2 more to go!!!

This letter is to verify that we have filed a request with the credit bureaus to delete the account listed above from your credit report.

If you have any questions, please contact our office toll free at 1-888-827-6002 Monday through Friday 7am – 9pm CST. 

You have the right to inspect your credit.  This letter is from a debt collector.

Sincerely,

Afni, Inc.

Did you have a stettlement offer with them, before you sent a PFD to them?

No agreement prior to sending the email and the account was deleted the very next day.  In addition to the email they sent me, they also sent me a letter in the mail confirming that they were deleting the account from all three reporting agencies.

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 704
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great afternoon to all... Just wanted to share my success story with getting an AFNI collection removed that I paid a settlement in May of 2008.  I sent an email today requesting that they delete the account since it was previously paid.  Twenty minutes later, I get an email stating the following....

404 Brock Drive

May 20, 2010                                                                                                                P.O. Box Bloomington , IL   61702 -3517

Bloomington , IL   61702 -3517

Sincerely,

Afni, Inc.

Thank you everyone on here for the help and success stories... You make people believe you can get it done and with a little work, you can.

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I have received that same email twice. Yet, that same CA is still reporting on my CR. I check it daily and it hasn't budged. This is almost a month later now from the first email & 2 weeks since their last email.

I'm pretty disappointed. It seems like I am the only one who they didn't actually delete after getting the email.

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I send a GW letter (my hasband agreed to pay it in pull last week without the promise of deletion - I could strangle him) so I sent a GW letter just nicely asking them to remove it. I also received the email back like everyone else. I will have my husband carefully monitor his credit report ans let everyone know if it comes off!

Message 25 of 32
Chinadoll
Contributor

I came to this board yesterday and read all the success stories; so I thought I would give it a try for my two verizon accounts $71.00 & $215.00. I sent the letter yesterday evening and received the same response letter today for one of my accounts (215.00) and I sent the letter as a 50% settlement not for full payment. Now I have to wait and see if it comes off my credit reports:

Sincerely,

Afni, Inc.

Starting Score: TU 654 EQ 599
Current Score: TU 682 EQ 661 EX 688
Goal Score: 750

Message 26 of 32
nicolasmtz2002
Established Member

Can some PM me the e-mail address to AFNI please and a sample of the e-mail you used with them. Thank You

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 622
Goal Score: 700

Message 27 of 32
srodier
Valued Member

JUST WANTED TO SAY SAME THING HAPPEN WITH ME. I SENT A PFD EMAIL YESTERDAY AND TODAY GOT THE SAME RESPONSE. WE SHALL SEE IF IT GETS DELETED. I LOVE THIS SITE AND THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

can u please pm the email address? Thank you so much

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

can you please pm me the email and possibly a sample of the letter you emailed them

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.