Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AFNI Success!

Hi again,

On 4/25, I sent AFNI a PFD email to the recovery team email address. On 4/26, I received the same email posted above (about them notifying the CRAs to delete) and have checked my reports daily. The item (an $80 one, no less) is still appearing. I noticed that on my transunion report, it went from being reported 4/22 to 4/29. I'm not sure what this means and what I should do next. Should I contact them again?

Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same email and mine is still reporting as well. No response to the CMRRR. I was so hopeful that the email meant something was going to budge. No such luck as yet.

Message 12 of 32
Ciaopeeps
Valued Member

Hey great going guys! I had the same thing with AFNI! Mine was an old T-mobile account pushing 7 years old that went on last year and showed as a new account. I got it deleted, but it did nothing for my Fico! But at the same time i never paid anything...So i just called it a win win Smiley Wink

Keep up the great work guys!

Starting Score: EQ 535 TU 545 EX 530
Current Score: EQ 654 TU ?? EX ??
Goal Score: EQ 720 TU 720 EX 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 32
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

Do anyone have their email?  I want to try and email a PFD to them.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 14 of 32
Ciaopeeps
Valued Member

RecoveryTeam@afni.com

Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!  I mailed off 4 seperate CMRRR letters to AFNI 2 weeks ago, and so far they've updated 2 of the 4 accounts as being under dispute, yet haven't gotten back to me.  I'm really curious what they're going to do since I'm 99.9% sure all 4 of the accounts should be 1 account, which was paid almost 2 years ago.

Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

About an hour and a half ago, I emailed AFNI the PFD letter again and they just responded with the "This letter is to verify that we have filed a request with the credit bureaus to delete the account listed above from your credit report." email. Hopefully, this second attempt actually ends in the item being deleted.

Message 17 of 32
Ciaopeeps
Valued Member

Great guys! Keep up the good work! After i got that same email back from them i also got on via mail maybe a week later as well, so sure enough it was deleted right aways!

Message 18 of 32
RIHomebuyer
Valued Member

I emailed the recovery team on 3/15 (after paying them the week before,) received the same email with the promise to remove, and am still waiting almost two months later.  I've read that it can sometimes take up to 90 days, so I don't know where we all stand...I sent a follow up email and haven't received anything back yet.  Hmm...??

hr>Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ 696 EX(lender)711 TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I emailed them again today and received the same reply. So I guess I will just have to wait and see. I suppose the encouraging thing is that they listed a previous address and my old last name. So at least it means they really looked at the account before sending a reply email.

I sure wish it would come off though. Its the only unpaid CA listed on my credit report. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they follow through!

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.