cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Troubles

tag
jarcher87

AFNI Troubles

Hi All!  First post here, so let me know if you need more information.  I am currently trying to qualify for and FHA home loan.  My lender says my middle score is 615, so I need 5 points to qualify.  I have been working on my credit for the past few months, and I've had success getting a lot of negative items removed.  I, however, have had no success with AFNI.  Here is the story on that:  I had and ATT DSL account when I lived in an apartment.  I paid them on time every month, and, in fact, I overpaid them.  When I moved out of the apartment I was no longer in their service area so I canceled my service.  They mailed me a refund for the overpayment and so I figured that was the end of that.  About a month later I received a bill from ATT for around $120.  I called them and they informed me that it was a fee for breaking my contract.  I explained to them that I could not get service at my new home and that is why I cancelled.  They agreed with me that it was a valid reason, and that I should not have been charged.  Over a year later (April of 2013) I received a notification that I had a new collection account on my credit report: AFNI for ATT.  UGHHH!!!  So now I have been fighting this ever since.  I have tried  everything to get them to remove it.  I sent PFD with no response.  I recently paid them (which they haven't reported on my credit report) and have sent several GW emails with no response.  I am at a loss and I already have a house picked out that I don't want to lose, especially over 5 stinkin points!  As far as the rest of my credit history, obviously it's not perfect.  Other than this account all of my negative items are over 2 years old. I have 2 Capital One credit cards, both with less than 10% utilization.  Any suggestions on what I might try to have this item removed, or just anything to get me those 5 points?  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coffeepleeze
New Contributor

Re: AFNI Troubles

try sending gw requests to their email recoveryteam@afni.com.  be nice, simply state your case and the effect this is having and beg for their assistance.  keep sending until it gets removed... good luck!

Starting Score: 05/30/13 EXP 597, EQ FICO 605, TU 609
Current Score : 09/06/13 EXP 610, EQ FICO 635, TU 678

Lender Scores: 08/09/13 EXP 643, EQ FICO 629, TU 685

Message 2 of 3
jarcher87

Re: AFNI Troubles

That's is the email I've been sending to. I just sent another so maybe this will be the one! Thanks for your input.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.