Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI and No Validation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFNI and No Validation

Hi Everyone,

I emailed and wrote AFNI for a DV on a small debt and I did not get anything back. What should be my next course of action. Happy New Year to everyone :-)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AFNI and No Validation

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I emailed and wrote AFNI for a DV on a small debt and I did not get anything back. What should be my next course of action. Happy New Year to everyone :-)

Hello.

How long ago did you send the DV? Also be aware that unless you live in Texas a CA has no time limit to respond to a DV but until they do collection activity must stop.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been over 2 months, should I write a letter(s) to the credit bureaus?

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It has been over 2 months, should I write a letter(s) to the credit bureaus?

There's nothing the CRA's can do. As I said a CA never has to answer a DV unless you live in Texas.

If it's been 2 months I see nothing wrong with writing them again but I don't see what else you can do.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 6
jsully87
Regular Contributor

re: AFNI and No Validation

I live in Texas and send a DV letter -- nothing in 30 days -- has been like two months now. Still showing on my report at validated...

Myfico EQ 670 / TU 625 / EX 614 Jan 11,2015
AAoA : 4yrs
Mine: Cap1 $500 | Cap1 $300 | FH 1100 Store Cards : $2750CL
AU QS 750 | AU Cap1 1000 | AU Cr1 500 | AU Fp 300
Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: re: AFNI and No Validation

@jsully87 wrote:

I live in Texas and send a DV letter -- nothing in 30 days -- has been like two months now. Still showing on my report at validated...

Hello and welcome.

Then the CA is in violation of Texas consumer law. You need to contact the AG of Texas. The 30 day limit is in Sec. 392.202. of the Texas Finance Code.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.