Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI and/or CMI

tag
jmfkqts
Established Member

AFNI and/or CMI

I am having a hard time with AFNI and CMI.

AFNI declined my 1st and 2nd attempt to PFD

CMI is reporting on accounts that have been paid.

I'm trying to buy a house soon, and I'm getting really impatient with trying to get things cleared up with them.

Would anyone be willing to share an email address for AFNI and/or CMI where I could contact someone directly, a manager or above preferably.

If not any email address would be helpful

Message Edited by jmfkqts on 03-06-2009 11:55 AM
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jmfkqts
Established Member

Re: AFNI and/or CMI

Some good news...I DV'd AFNI by email, and they deleted the account.  Got the letter the following week, it was off my CRs by the time I got the letter! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google, the BBB website, and the state AG's websites are great places to find contact information.

When you google, try different things like  @afni.com, @afnicollections.com, etc

jmfkqts wrote:

CMI is reporting on accounts that have been paid.

What do you mean? They can continue to report once paid unless you had an agreement that you can prove that stated they wouldn't.

Message 2 of 8
jmfkqts
Established Member

It is an account that I paid the OC, years ago, they are reporting with the original balance, which is incorrect and showing with a 0 balance.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

jmfkqts wrote:
It is an account that I paid the OC, years ago, they are reporting with the original balance, which is incorrect and showing with a 0 balance.

Have you DV'd?

Filed a complaint with the BBB? Your AG?

Message 4 of 8
jmfkqts
Established Member

Some good news...I DV'd AFNI by email, and they deleted the account.  Got the letter the following week, it was off my CRs by the time I got the letter! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Was AFNI paid when you DV'd them?  I am dealing with AFNI and CMI also.  What email address did you use for AFNI?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh how great!  I am dealing with Afni as well.  Just sent out a PFD snail mail and would love it you would share the email address you usedSmiley Happy

Marylou

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I owed AFNI $834 from an old sprint account . I sent 2 PFD letters. No response. So I got some nerve and called them (I know people say you shouldn't but I was desperate to see what was going on up there). I asked them if they even got my PFD letters ( I know they did b/c I did certified mail return receipt requested) and if they ever consider PFD. The rep told me no, they don't do PFD b/c it goes against the agreement they have with the Bureau...yadi ya..yeah, whatever! I really needed this to be dealt with. A few months prior they offered me a settlement for half. I really didn't want to do it but I didn't have $834 either. So I took the settlement. It's updated on my report as settled for less than full balance, closed. I got "dispute happy" and disputed everything on my credit reports b/c there was some other stuff I was workng on, and guess what?! AFNI chose not to respond to the dispute so it got deleted !!! From all 3!!!I was shocked! But hey, works for me Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.