Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI denied removel again

tag
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

AFNI denied removel again

Hi all,

Sent another email to afni and once again was denied removal.

.Afni thanks you for your payment. Accordingly, in the normal course of business, Afni will report that that we have received payment in full of your account, and will report a $0 balance.  This will reflect the accurate status of this account.  We understand that you are seeking removal of this tradeline from your credit report; however, to remain in good standing with the credit reporting agencies, Afni’s policy is to furnish the accurate status only.  We do not exchange credit deletions for payments.

Should I keep sending the same email or change the wording in the email?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: AFNI denied removel again

I'd even try a goodwill letter, just as a different course of action.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 6
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

I paid the collection off last year, I have sent them approx 10 emails and faxes but all responses are they are not able to delete from credit report . A  PFD wasn't an option since it was still in the SOL for Texas.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I'm never one to give up easily, don't forget that a request for goodwill is just that, and many CAs have none.  Personally, I'd invest the energy you are spending on ANFI towards your next derogatory mark.  Then maybe come back to it in a few and try again.

Message 4 of 6
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info. I have a secured CC from my bank, that I am going to close to get the $500.00 security deposit and pay off  2 collections.  I then will only have doctor collections and will be sending out Hippa letters for those.

Message 5 of 6
Star-Lord
Established Member

hi,

I was in same boat as you.. paid the collection and was gw every month.. then i found this:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/AFNI-COLLECTIONS-REMOVED-ONLY-TOOK-ONE-EMAIL-...

Sent you a PM as well..

good luck

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.