Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI finally gone!!

tag
novabama
Frequent Contributor

AFNI finally gone!!

So AFNI had 2 old collections for 99 and 263 on my CRs, all three. I sent at least 8 or 9 PFDs over the last month or so, via fax and email and snail mail. I got either no response or just told NO we will settle for half only and mark as settled. Finally I called with a number that's been passed around here. That didn't work either! They said sorry can't do that. I said "you realize you are never going to get this money right?" he said "yes we do". I said ok great thanks and hung up! I couldn't keep my frustration out of that convo haha.

Well anyway yesterday I checked MPM daily 3 in 1 report and noticed those two were mysteriously missing from EX only... I don't remember disputing that with EX, but after the phone call to them I did dispute to verify all accuracies (mind you I did DV before all of this and they came back with a bill) with TU and EW I believe. Well today I logged into my Equifax complete account and they are gone from there too!! I feel like doing the happy dance! Except I don't feel good haha. I'm sure TU will follow suite.

Just wanted to share for those having trouble with them... yet again, persistance pays off!!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: AFNI finally gone!!

congrats!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 14
Jaguars28fan
Contributor

wow congrats!! I guess it gives us hope, to just keep bothering the hell out of these CAs lol. 

Message 3 of 14
adio413
Regular Contributor

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 14
novabama
Frequent Contributor

Thanks you guys!!! My story, even just thus far, should give anyone hope. I have been at it for a little over a month. I pulled my free 3 CRs Aug 28th and just look in my signature at how many removals I have had since I started Sept 4th. It is amazing and the wealth of knowledge here and on google!!

I started with about 30, THIRTY! baddies. I wrecked my score when I was 18 (not all my fault) I am now down to the 2 small judgments I am trying to settle (3 were listed, one not valid), 4 baddies that are known to not remove and will prob have to fall off, 5 medical collections that I am working on getting paid that were wrongfully NOT paid by the medical provider, and 3 or other small collections (2 for a couple hundred and 2 for around $50). 

I feel like this is NOTHING short of a miracle Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
princechristian
Regular Contributor

Keep up the good work! I went from 15 to 2 in two actual months time! Patience and persistent! Got a couple removed in January, then sat on my butt for over 6 months before running across this board. Results ever since!

Revolvers: FP Gold $300, FP Platinum $300, Applied Bank Business $500, Kay Jewelers $500, Fingerhut $400, Gettington $300

Installers: KHEAA student loan, Dealer Funding LLC auto loan x2, Crescent Bank auto loan, Acceptance Loan Co personal loan x2

Negatives: 1 collection - 2010 $307, Auto lates - 2 30 days, 60 day, 2009 / 3 30 days, 60 day, 2012

Message 6 of 14
Tay09
Regular Contributor

Great job!!

Message 7 of 14
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Good Job afni is tough!

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 8 of 14
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

If they didn't accept your PFD , it could be they sold the account to another collection agency. This may reappear at some point in future.

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 9 of 14
novabama
Frequent Contributor

Thanks y'all. Yeah I know believe me but if they sold I'd rather that than them keep ignoring me because Afni sucks. They only had a yea left on my report and I have heard of them just finally deleting so either way I am super happy!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.