Frequent Contributor
novabama

AFNI finally gone!!

So AFNI had 2 old collections for 99 and 263 on my CRs, all three. I sent at least 8 or 9 PFDs over the last month or so, via fax and email and snail mail. I got either no response or just told NO we will settle for half only and mark as settled. Finally I called with a number that's been passed around here. That didn't work either! They said sorry can't do that. I said "you realize you are never going to get this money right?" he said "yes we do". I said ok great thanks and hung up! I couldn't keep my frustration out of that convo haha.

Well anyway yesterday I checked MPM daily 3 in 1 report and noticed those two were mysteriously missing from EX only... I don't remember disputing that with EX, but after the phone call to them I did dispute to verify all accuracies (mind you I did DV before all of this and they came back with a bill) with TU and EW I believe. Well today I logged into my Equifax complete account and they are gone from there too!! I feel like doing the happy dance! Except I don't feel good haha. I'm sure TU will follow suite.

Just wanted to share for those having trouble with them... yet again, persistance pays off!!

Goal Score: 640 Good things come to those who wait.
Good things come to those who work their butt off and never give up.

Removals - Asset Acceptance, Receivable Solutions, LVNV Funding, Enhanced Recovery, Credit Systems Int, Discover Financial, Amchek/Amsher, Financial Adj Services, Chase, Target, AFNI, RJM, Portfolio Rec!
Valued Contributor
madmann26

Re: AFNI finally gone!!

congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 511 TU 552 EX 545 8/29/2012
Current Score: TU 712|EQ 695|EXP 723 (FICO)
What's in my wallet? Cap1 PLAT AU $4.25k; Cap1 QS AU $2k; NFCU Siggy $45k; $5k WalMart MC; CFNA Firestone $1.8k; Amazon $3k; NFCU Cash Rewards $22K; AMEX BCE $21k; NavCheck $15k; Lowe's $10k; Citi DP $7.7k; AMEX ED $8.5k; Chase Freedom $4.5k
Goal Score: 700 across the board.
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
My Journey
Contributor
Jaguars28fan

wow congrats!! I guess it gives us hope, to just keep bothering the hell out of these CAs lol. 

Regular Contributor
adio413

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor
novabama

Thanks you guys!!! My story, even just thus far, should give anyone hope. I have been at it for a little over a month. I pulled my free 3 CRs Aug 28th and just look in my signature at how many removals I have had since I started Sept 4th. It is amazing and the wealth of knowledge here and on google!!

I started with about 30, THIRTY! baddies. I wrecked my score when I was 18 (not all my fault) I am now down to the 2 small judgments I am trying to settle (3 were listed, one not valid), 4 baddies that are known to not remove and will prob have to fall off, 5 medical collections that I am working on getting paid that were wrongfully NOT paid by the medical provider, and 3 or other small collections (2 for a couple hundred and 2 for around $50). 

I feel like this is NOTHING short of a miracle :smileyhappy:

Removals - Asset Acceptance, Receivable Solutions, LVNV Funding, Enhanced Recovery, Credit Systems Int, Discover Financial, Amchek/Amsher, Financial Adj Services, Chase, Target, AFNI, RJM, Portfolio Rec!
Regular Contributor
princechristian

Keep up the good work! I went from 15 to 2 in two actual months time! Patience and persistent! Got a couple removed in January, then sat on my butt for over 6 months before running across this board. Results ever since!

Revolvers: FP Gold $300, FP Platinum $300, Applied Bank Business $500, Kay Jewelers $500, Fingerhut $400, Gettington $300

Installers: KHEAA student loan, Dealer Funding LLC auto loan x2, Crescent Bank auto loan, Acceptance Loan Co personal loan x2

Negatives: 1 collection - 2010 $307, Auto lates - 2 30 days, 60 day, 2009 / 3 30 days, 60 day, 2012

Regular Contributor
Tay09

Great job!!

Valued Contributor
annielorie

Good Job afni is tough!

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Regular Contributor
iwant700fico

If they didn't accept your PFD , it could be they sold the account to another collection agency. This may reappear at some point in future.

Ex 733 AUG 14 / 807 NOV 14
TU 734 OCT !4
EQ 716 AUG 14
CITI ADVANTAGE $16,200 10/14
AMEX EVERY DAY $22,000 8/14
AMEX PRG NPSL 6/14
TOTAL RWRDS $690012/13
CITI DIAMOND AU $7900 8/13
CHASE FREE AU $2000 6/13
JCREW $3900 4/13
ANN TAYLOR $1750 4/13
CAP1 $750 3/12
Frequent Contributor
novabama

Thanks y'all. Yeah I know believe me but if they sold I'd rather that than them keep ignoring me because Afni sucks. They only had a yea left on my report and I have heard of them just finally deleting so either way I am super happy!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}