Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI is Making Me Nutty

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFNI is Making Me Nutty

Hi everyone. Long story short...I received a Score Watch notification stating there was a new collection from AFNI. Turns out it was an old final bill from AT&T. After a lot of nonsense and thinking it wasn't mine (turns out the account number was wrong so AT&T couldn't find it), I paid the bill through AT&T and they said they would be pulling it back from collections. AFNI sent a letter stating that it was paid in full eventhough I paid AT&T. I have tried numerous times to get it deleted and get the usual, "we don't delete". I am wondering if it is possible to dispute with the CRA since the account number AFNI has is incorrect? Also, does anyone have a good email or phone number they could PM me for AFNI?  Thanks so much!!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AFNI is Making Me Nutty

Unfortunately they can report. The acct number could be their own internal number.

If I had that, I'd fire up round after round of GW letters. I'd also call them every couple of week or so for good measure. I'd fax them too (back in the day I got their fax off their site). Per e-mail, try recoveryteam@afni.com. I think that's it.

ETA...if after a few dozen tries at GWing don't work, try something very unconventional. They have a history of deleting after receiving a PFD request at the address above. Someone is snoozing on the other end and will cue in deletion requests without receiving a payment. If I GWed to the point I ran out of ink and paper, I'd send them a PFD request for a buck and see if they might delete automatically.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I will keep bugging them with GW letters and calls. The account number is actually the AT&T number, but they have the numbers in the wrong order and that is why AT&T couldn't find it.

Message 3 of 18
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

I sent them multiple (snail mail) letters also, no response....one e-mail...had a response in 24 hours...

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks. I have emailed and gotten a quick response too. Unfortunatly, the response it not the right one..lol. I will keep pestering them.

Message 5 of 18
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Call at&t and have them deal with afni since you paid them directly.  Then sent dispute to CRA that it was paid to the OC

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 6 of 18
Booner72
Senior Contributor

If there is even one single thing wrong with how AFNI is reporting, put together a well written ITS letter.  They will remove it.  They just blasted me with an OOOLLD cable bill long past SOL, address wrong, the whole thing.  Took me a coupla months, but it's off my reports and I even got an "I'm sorry" letter.  I've also had another AFNI deletion early last year.  IMO, they are the easiest to work with.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I have been using what you refer to as the "Booner Method"...lol...I feel stupid asking, but what is an ITS letter? There are mistakes on what AFNI is reporting so this might do the trick. I appreciate the help!

Message 8 of 18
Lasardo
Established Contributor

You really need to dispute with the CRA since they are reporting it. 

Once  you have disputed it they should fail to validate therefore it will be  removed. 

I had this experience with AFNI and found this to be the best way to get a bill from Quest (can you believe that?) removed. 

CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 9 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I really wouldn't dispute to the CRA unless it's a last ditch effort and you have a good reason to dispute.   Sometimes it causes more problems than it fixes.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.