Contributor
waltini

Re: AFNI is Making Me Nutty

Thanks for everyone's input. I will keep trying. I tried disputing with the CRA with no luck. Eventually the CA will get tired of hearing form me (hopefully).

Contributor
waltini

Happy Dance! Just got AFNI to delete. Thanks so much everyone.

Shogun

Way to go!!!!   Happy Dance!

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Regular Contributor
princechristian

How? Via email? GW? PFD?

Revolvers: FP Gold $300, FP Platinum $300, Applied Bank Business $500, Kay Jewelers $500, Fingerhut $400, Gettington $300

Installers: KHEAA student loan, Dealer Funding LLC auto loan x2, Crescent Bank auto loan, Acceptance Loan Co personal loan x2

Negatives: 1 collection - 2010 $307, Auto lates - 2 30 days, 60 day, 2009 / 3 30 days, 60 day, 2012

Contributor
waltini

I tried doing a PFD a few times and just kept getting the same response, "we don't accept payment for deletion." I ended up paying the OC and AFNI updated to PIF $0 balance. So, I tried to GW after that. I sent GW letters every week and faxes to every possible address and email, and fax I could get. I tried calling too, but that was unsuccessful.  Each time I would word it differently, but staying pleasant and to the point  (I figured I am asking for a favor, so I should not get too demanding).

Yesterday, I tried wording my GW letter a bit differently. Basically I said something along the lines of, "I am hoping to get this tradeline deleted. I realize that you do not accept payment for deletion. I never received my final bill or a dunning notice because I have not lived at the address for 2 years. As soon as I found out about this final bill, I paid the debt immediately. I am in the middle of trying to purchase a home and this negative mark is keeping me from getting my home loan. I really appreciate your help getting this matter corrected." 

I also cc:ed two big cheeses at AFNI with all my emails. I don't know if that helped or hurt the situation, but in 10 minutes I has a deletion letter in my hands!

Valued Contributor
annielorie

I know Im late to the party but major happy dance. Good for yOu!

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Contributor
waltini

Thanks! I'm still dancing :smileyhappy:
Established Member
rubberman365

[ Edited ]

afni is making me nutty too.: 

Have a blessed day! =)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+