Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI is Making Me Nutty

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AFNI is Making Me Nutty

Thanks for everyone's input. I will keep trying. I tried disputing with the CRA with no luck. Eventually the CA will get tired of hearing form me (hopefully).

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Dance! Just got AFNI to delete. Thanks so much everyone.

Message 12 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Way to go!!!!   Happy Dance!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 18
princechristian
Regular Contributor

How? Via email? GW? PFD?

Revolvers: FP Gold $300, FP Platinum $300, Applied Bank Business $500, Kay Jewelers $500, Fingerhut $400, Gettington $300

Installers: KHEAA student loan, Dealer Funding LLC auto loan x2, Crescent Bank auto loan, Acceptance Loan Co personal loan x2

Negatives: 1 collection - 2010 $307, Auto lates - 2 30 days, 60 day, 2009 / 3 30 days, 60 day, 2012

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried doing a PFD a few times and just kept getting the same response, "we don't accept payment for deletion." I ended up paying the OC and AFNI updated to PIF $0 balance. So, I tried to GW after that. I sent GW letters every week and faxes to every possible address and email, and fax I could get. I tried calling too, but that was unsuccessful.  Each time I would word it differently, but staying pleasant and to the point  (I figured I am asking for a favor, so I should not get too demanding).

Yesterday, I tried wording my GW letter a bit differently. Basically I said something along the lines of, "I am hoping to get this tradeline deleted. I realize that you do not accept payment for deletion. I never received my final bill or a dunning notice because I have not lived at the address for 2 years. As soon as I found out about this final bill, I paid the debt immediately. I am in the middle of trying to purchase a home and this negative mark is keeping me from getting my home loan. I really appreciate your help getting this matter corrected." 

I also cc:ed two big cheeses at AFNI with all my emails. I don't know if that helped or hurt the situation, but in 10 minutes I has a deletion letter in my hands!

Message 15 of 18
annielorie
Valued Contributor

I know Im late to the party but major happy dance. Good for yOu!

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I'm still dancing Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

afni is making me nutty too.: 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.