Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI kept their word!

tag
coffeepleeze
New Contributor

AFNI kept their word!

Minor victory - Old collection of a Verizon final bill from 2008 through AFNI was on my credit report so I disputed it and requested DV.  They were less than helpful originally on the phone but a week later, mailed a copy of the verizon final bill.  I PIF and requested it be removed.  "We cant do that" was the answer I got.  So I started emailing GW letters to the recovery team email and still nothing.  Called again.  This time the csr advised me that there was actually another long distance final bill from verizon from 2005 in their system for $77.  Crap!  So in the spirit of facing my debts and not ducking from them, I paid this one too eventhough it was past the SOL and not showing on my cr.  It was still my debt so I paid it.  I wrote another GW email request and threw in how I just paid an old account that was past the SOL because it was the right thing to do and would Soooo appreciate it if they would grant my request of deleting the other PIF collection that was on my CR.  Later that night I got an email from them saying they would and 2 days later, its Gone!  Guess it was good Karma to pay the other little old account too.  Lesson learned! Smiley Happy 

Starting Score: 05/30/13 EXP 597, EQ FICO 605, TU 609
Current Score : 09/06/13 EXP 610, EQ FICO 635, TU 678

Lender Scores: 08/09/13 EXP 643, EQ FICO 629, TU 685

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tmkeehn
Established Member

Re: AFNI kept their word!

Any chance you could PM me the email that you dealt with?  I've had no luck with AFNI.  Took me forever to get a response with DV, paid it, and now no responses to GW.

Message 2 of 3
imovinup
Regular Contributor

Re: AFNI kept their word!

Wow that's awesome the same thing happened to me with ERC when I wanted to pay one debt they brought another old debt and pretty much made me feel like it was a packaged deal even though I knew it wasn't reporting . I paid both because I got the hint loud and clear and now so many JDB are coming out the wood works they know if they are able to get their hands on a live debt and past the SOL they have a good chance of collecting on both its like their barraging tool. IMO

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.