Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI refuses, don't know what to do

tag
novabama
Frequent Contributor

AFNI refuses, don't know what to do

These TWO collections are not falling off for a year and a half

I have sent numerous PFDs, got no's and no response.. and called the number that's been passed around here in PMs and they said that extentions no longer work and haven't in months! I am very frustrated with them and they are collecting two amounts for the same OC! 

If anyone has any more info on AFNI tactics please inform! Smiley Sad Thank ya!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Starr79
Valued Member

Re: AFNI refuses, don't know what to do

I am dealing with almost the exact same battle with Afni. They wont budge. The funny thing is I checked the BBB website and they have a A+ rating, and its not because they they don't get complaints. They have around 1000 complaints filed in the past 3 years for Billing / Collection Issues and BBB has helped to settle them all. So I have asked them to help me and I think you should do the same.

Message 2 of 15
novabama
Frequent Contributor

I will definitely try that if I can figure out what to complain about. Ill be going over my collection with them tomorrow to find any violation! Let me know wht happens with you're!
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering, what happened with the BBB. I have done the same thing a couple weeks ago, and still no response.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just sent a pm with the contact info that worked for me.
Message 5 of 15
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just sent a pm with the contact info that worked for me.

Can I get this information...Pretty, pretty please!!!!

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 6 of 15
p-
Valued Contributor

@novabama wrote:

These TWO collections are not falling off for a year and a half

I have sent numerous PFDs, got no's and no response.. and called the number that's been passed around here in PMs and they said that extentions no longer work and haven't in months! I am very frustrated with them and they are collecting two amounts for the same OC! 

If anyone has any more info on AFNI tactics please inform! Smiley Sad Thank ya!

I got nowhere with DV / PFD so I contacted the OC paid them.  It updated to paid on my CR.  I spent a few months failing to get a goodwill deletion, then I found a tiny innacuracy and used that as my moral justification for disputing, and they didn't respond, so it came off of my report.

I am not advising you to dispute if it is an accurate account, though.  You run the risk of creating more problems for yourself with those kind of practices.  Also if I gave you that advice here it would probably be labeled as morally questionable and get mod cut.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 15
novabama
Frequent Contributor

They actually sent me a letter deleting and stop collecting on both of the accounts I had with them. I called and asked for pfd and told them sorry they weren't getting my money if they didn't delete and they said ok have a great day! I also mailed faxed and emailed dv and pfds. about a month later they were just gone and then a week after or so, I got the letter in the mail saying they were closing the accounts and removing from CRs. Guess you just have to land in the right hands.

Message 8 of 15
750hunting
Established Member

Congrats Novabama!

I am still working on these guys. I have a $313 bill with them that is due to fall off in Mar. 2013. I don't understand what they think they will gain by responding to my PFD's with that "we don't exchange deletions for payment blah blah blah" . Well, hopefully I will have a success story to post with them soon, but if not what's another 4 months?

Btw, did you vote yet?Smiley LOL

TU 571 EQ 553 EXP 537 (5/2012) lender pulls
TU 653 EQ 602 (9/2012) myFico
TU 690 EQ 614 (10/2012) myFico
TU 690 EQ 632 (11/2012) myFico
Rebuilding again. This time I will!
TU 579 EQ 568 EXP 586 (2/2016) myfico
Message 9 of 15
novabama
Frequent Contributor

thanks! yeah seriously 4 months... ha! have you disputed to verify all accuracy yet?

and no not yet! i certainly am as soon as i get off work!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.