Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI respnse to DV letter?

tag
kelright21
Established Member

AFNI respnse to DV letter?

ok, before I try to make a long story short, I know I made mistakes with dealing with this account, and that was before I found this site, so lessons have been learned.

AFNI shows up on my credit report, stupid me, calls AFNI. They say that these 2 accounts are for Verizon. Verizon does not provide any services where I live, so I was 99.9% sure that these accounts are not mine, so I asked where these accounts were opened so that I might figure out who may be using my info. They ask if I know anyone that lives on so and so street. So, stupid me, says, yes, my sister. They ask for her address, and stupid me, tells them. And they say, well both these accounts are listed under this address, so stupid me, thinking my sister may have done it, says well, I will pay these off when I get the money, my sister will make it right, and we are close now, and I just want to overlook this since it happened like 4 years ago. Then, I decided to call Verizon, to see if maybe I could work something out with them. Lo and behold, the address on these accounts is not my sisters. Same street, but not her. So, then I get mad, AFNI lied to me, duh? So then I decide to send a DV letter to AFNI about these accounts. Stupid me, sent one letter for both accounts. Was received and signed by them on September 1. I did receive a letter on Sept 15 that one of the accounts, the higher one, was deleted from my credit report, and it was, but nothing ever came of the second account for $38. So, stupid me calls AFNI this morning, to ask why only one account was deleted, and why I never heard anything about the second, secretly hoping she would say that they must have overlooked it since it was on the same letter, and that it would be deleted. She was rude, oh so rude, and told me that I had set up arrangements to pay and then disputed - why would you do that, she said - I told her that AFNI lied to me and convinced me my sister was responsible - she said that she knew the person I talked to and that person wouldn't do such a thing - I said - whatever - I told her that I would be reporting this to CRAs because they didn't respond in time - and she says - are you ready......We can't send you anything, no letter that the account is deleted, and we cannot tell CRA to delete and we can't validate this debt - BECAUSE I added the cease and desist to my DV letter - I am so frustrated with this company - if they would allow me to pay the stupid $38 and delete I would sooooo do it, just to be rid of AFNI - any advice?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: AFNI respnse to DV letter?

If it were me, I would

1.  NEVER talk to them on the phone again.

2.  DV them a second time, let them know this is the second DV for the debt.

3.  Wait for a response.

CA's have been known to say anything. 

Message 2 of 5
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

They tape the calls and they will say anything to get you to pay. Don't talk to them, follow the fool proof advice from the folks on this site.
FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 3 of 5
kelright21
Established Member

thanks - 2 accounts deleted from AFNI - Yay!!!
Message 4 of 5
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATZ!!!
FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.