cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI sent deletion letter and I haven't paid yet???

tag
noochski
Contributor

AFNI sent deletion letter and I haven't paid yet???

Has anyone gotten the AFNI letter stating they have sent a request to the credit bureaus requesting your collections account be deleted? I received one in the letter this week and it doesn't say anything regarding a payment amount required? I spoke with someone from AFNI about two weeks ago and told him that I never received anything regarding my account going to collections and after placing me on hold he mentioned something about some returned mail and that the account could be deleted and then I got this letter! I sent them a PFD and I thought this call was about that but then I got a letter stating it will be deleted with no mention of payment. . . Anyone have a similar experience?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: AFNI sent deletion letter and I haven't paid yet???

Imo if you didnt set payment arangements more than likely they do not have the account, but beware it will land at some collection agency eventually. If small amout or you can afford pay off the original debt if its not out of SOL and if you have some plans to move ahead.  It is always best to pay what you owe...karma but if you didnt get any answers just wait it out.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 7
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I sent a DV letter. I got a letter dated, curious ..not dated, anyway I also received it this week. It states they have investigated my Dispute and will be removing it from the credit reports. It also does state at the bottom that due to the age of the account ( 7 years ) they will not sue me. Also curious in that AFNI actually reposted it 2 times, maybe they have someone new working in there, I hope.. Good luck
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, it happened to me x2. Smile and nod. Now I would consider paying the OC ASAP. The first time it happened I sent a PFD and poof, they deleted and they never called, wrote, or collected again. The second time they also deleted after receiving my PFD. But then they re-engaged in collection activity, but never reported.

Message 4 of 7
noochski
Contributor

i just don't know if I should contact them to question the deletion letter. I know I have a document on the CA letterhead stating the account is to be deleted and there is absolutely no mention of payment required.

Message 5 of 7
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Not sure what t do next either..my original creditor is quest which is g one now. My only contact is AFNI, any advise is appreciated.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 6 of 7
noochski
Contributor

I contacted AFNI and the deletion letter was a response to my PFD. I paid the $236 immediately even though the account had already been deleted from all 3 CRAs.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.