Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI won't budge

tag
ironsight
Valued Member

AFNI won't budge

I have a very old PAID Collection account with AFNI for a Sprint bill.  I have tried multiple phone calls, Emails and letters to try and get a GW deletion, with no luck.  It will fall off at the end of next year, but I of course want it off now.

Any suggestions from those of you that have had success with AFNI????

The last lady that I spoke with at AFNI was very understanding but firm on the fact that she could not offer a delete.  She suggested that I ask the CRAs directly.  Everything that I have read here says that asking the CRA's for a delete directly is pointless, does everyone agree, or have a missed something in my reading?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
ceejx
Established Contributor

Re: AFNI won't budge

@ironsight wrote:

I have a very old PAID Collection account with AFNI for a Sprint bill.  I have tried multiple phone calls, Emails and letters to try and get a GW deletion, with no luck.  It will fall off at the end of next year, but I of course want it off now.

Any suggestions from those of you that have had success with AFNI????

The last lady that I spoke with at AFNI was very understanding but firm on the fact that she could not offer a delete.  She suggested that I ask the CRAs directly.  Everything that I have read here says that asking the CRA's for a delete directly is pointless, does everyone agree, or have a missed something in my reading?

sending a pm

Message 2 of 25
luckelle
Regular Contributor

man i would like to know what to do also. I have the same problem. sprint (afni)

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 3 of 25
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

Just sent you both a PM as well - good luck!

Starting Score: TU:619 (02/24/2012) - EQ:629 (02/24/2012)
Current Score: TU:632 (06/21/2012) - EQ:672 (06/21/2012)
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 25
adio413
Regular Contributor

i have an old sprint bill from afni as well.... from 2007-2008. also a verizon DSL bill from 4 yrs ago.  can you pm me also? Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 25
ceejx
Established Contributor

@adio413 wrote:

i have an old sprint bill from afni as well.... from 2007-2008. also a verizon DSL bill from 4 yrs ago.  can you pm me also? Smiley Happy

pm sent

Message 6 of 25
katydid

I am interested in this solution as well...AT&T
05/16/2012 - EQ 545
01/182012 - EQ 557; TU 561
Goal - 700
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I struggled to have success with this as well, however after a lot of persistence and not accepting no I got someone to agree to delete.

My advice to you is to continue to call DAILY and when the rep says no, ask for a supervisor...and when they shoot you down, don't just say OK and hang up.  Continue to converse with them and state you know MULTIPLE people who have made this same request with success and even if they shoot you down again, still don't just give up.  At that point, try to make it personal.  In my situation it was the difference between me buying my family a home or not.  I used human compassion to get to it, and in the end I found a Sup that felt enough compassion to help another human being out

Message 8 of 25
ironsight
Valued Member

UPDATE:

SUCCESS!!!!  I just got an email from their recovery team stating that they have submitted requests to all three for deletion!!!!  It was in response to one of my GW emails that I sent on 8/1.

Anyone out there trying to GW AFNI, just keep being persistant, it worked for me!!

Message 9 of 25
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

Thank you for this thread.  I followed the advice and it helped me get a paid ANFI collection off of DH's report. 

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.