cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI

tag
malebranche

AFNI

I have seen a number of messages about AFNI and wanted to through my situation out there.  I have a recent collection account of theres that has just been put on my reports over the last 4 months.  The OC is Dish Network.  Today I received a settlement offer for 25% off the original amount.   I want to pay this because I have seen people get AFNI off of there reports after the bill has been paid, either automatically or through making a request.  My question is will they also delete or has anyone had them delete doing a settlement instead of a PIF.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tld409
Regular Contributor

Re: AFNI

@malebranche wrote:

I have seen a number of messages about AFNI and wanted to through my situation out there.  I have a recent collection account of theres that has just been put on my reports over the last 4 months.  The OC is Dish Network.  Today I received a settlement offer for 25% off the original amount.   I want to pay this because I have seen people get AFNI off of there reports after the bill has been paid, either automatically or through making a request.  My question is will they also delete or has anyone had them delete doing a settlement instead of a PIF.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From all of the posts that I have ever read, AFNI will not agree to delete at the time of settlement or PIF.  After I settled an old Verizon account with them, I called them about 2 months later and asked them to delete and they did. I just had to fax proof of payment. 

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 2 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 9
malebranche

did you settle for less or pif the whole amount..

Message 4 of 9
tld409
Regular Contributor

@malebranche wrote:

did you settle for less or pif the whole amount..

I took the settlement that I was offered. 

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 5 of 9
907grown
Established Contributor

I have a collection with them that has never surfaced on any of my CR. They recently sent me a settlement offer for about 25% of original bill to AT&T, I paid the settlement amt which was very reasonable. What are the chances that it may surface now that I have paid this off?

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 6 of 9
admise78
Established Member

Chances are it will never appear on your credit report if it were never there.  You should be fine.  Just make sure you have proof of your settlement in case it does which is closes to never!!

Message 7 of 9
admise78
Established Member

This one really hurts I know because it is a new collection, and newer collections tend to affect fico scores more than collections.  But before you settle on a collection, except PFD, the rule is to first dispute its validation.  Send a letter to AFNI asking signed documentation  that verify the debt and prove it is yours as per FCRA.  I would not dispute through the credit bureaus because their dispute process are not reliable.   They have 30 days to respond or it is off.  I got a couple of collections deleted that way.  if it comes back verify, i would then file a complaint via the BBB.  those collections agencies do not BBB dispute and would delete without hesitation and putting fight jsut so their ratings remain positive.  that collection will remain on your credit files for 7 years.  i would put up a fight before deciding on making any payment.

Message 8 of 9
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

I made the mistake of paying Dish Network (2 years ago) instead of AFNI so it shows up as settled for a lesser amount - when in reality it is paid in full.  When I disputed, both TU and EX deleted but I've sent a GW letter to AFNI asking them to also remove it from EQ.  Only issue, I forgot to include my proof of payment in with the letter!!!  Hopefully they'll still do it or I'll have to send out another GW to them WITH the proof. LOL

Good luck!!  I hope it works out for you.

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.