Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNIE !!!

tag
frio
Frequent Contributor

AFNIE !!!

Whats up everyone,  So after 5 emails within the last few months all I ever get from Afni is this

"Dear Frederick,

Thank you for your inquiry.  We do not trade payments for deletions.  Afni just sends the appropriate update to the 3 major credit bureaus within 14 days of the payment posting to the account.  Please note that it may take the credit bureaus 30-60 days to update their records. Receipts are available online at"

This account was paid a few years back for less then full amount and i believe its due to drop off in about 2 years.  I would love for them to delete off all 3 Cr's but it doesnt look that way.  Does anyone have any other ideas ??

Starting Score: 589 / TU: 600
Current Score: 696 / TU: 696
Goal Score: 700 / TU: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
sweetschuni
New Contributor

Re: AFNIE !!!

Hi, Frederick. I'm sorry but I am not certain what else can be done.

I, too, am working with AFNI as I have just sent over a PFD request just a few moment ago via email and also via their contact form on their website. I will keep you updated on the turnout! Smiley Wink

Licensed REALTOR in the state of Georgia - "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing" Theodore Roosevelt

Message 2 of 11
sweetschuni
New Contributor

Hi. I promised an update on this. I just checked my email and AFNI had responded just a few hours after I'd contacted them this morning. They are deleting and I didn't pay a thing! See below for their statement back to me by email: Thank you for your inquiry. We do not trade payments for deletions. However, it does appear that you did not receive proper notification before this was placed on you credit. We are approving the deletion for that reason. Please note that it may take the credit bureaus 30-60 days to update their records.
Licensed REALTOR in the state of Georgia - "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing" Theodore Roosevelt

Message 3 of 11
frio
Frequent Contributor

what in the world am I doing wrong

Message 4 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Five e-mails is not enough, I guess. Smiley Sad

I'd start from scratch. Send the DV if you haven't done so. If you did, then retry the PFD. Mail it and e-mail it.

I dealt with them twice. Both were for cell phones. One took probably 20 e-mails and letters before it fell off. The other, one DV and one PFD. The first one they validated an incorrect balance. I accepted it and tried  at least 15 PFDs via mail with no success. Then I revisted the balance and requested back statements from my old cell carrier. With the last balance in hand from them, I wrote a mean letter saying they never validated properly and their balance doesn't match mine that I just had received from the OC. I told them to get the balance right or delete and they deleted. The second was a simple DV via mail CMRRR and a PFD using the recoveryteam address.

Message 5 of 11
frio
Frequent Contributor

Would I be able to send a DV if I allready paid the account off (3yrs ago) in less then the full amount ? 

Message 6 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ah...misread your post...replace "PFD" with "GW". Keep trying on the GWs. Or try a PFD for the difference. Who knows, maybe it'll work.

You really can't send a DV for a couple of reasons. First, a DV is only legally valid if sent within 30 days of their dunning. Next, you can't say you disagree since it was paid. However, if there was an aspect to the account (e.g. balance) or you really don't know about the debt, then you can try a DV even though it isn't legally valid. You might get a response by which to offer a PFD for the remaining balance. But I'd try sending more GWs.

Message 7 of 11
frio
Frequent Contributor

thanks for the reply.  That is the response that I keep getting everytime I send them a GW.  Im going to keep at it

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to share my AFNI success story!  I have AFNI on all three bureaus for a Verizon acct I never had.  Since I'm buying a house, I was ready to just pay it off to get that refelction on my reports.  After googling AFNI and looking on these forums, I was really nervous to call them.  BUT, I read a post on Google to bypass all the collection reps, call their corporate office and ask for Lisa Mod Cut Lisa of course no longer works there but I was forwarded to her replacement, Alicia.  WHO WAS SUPER HELPFUL and UNDERSTANDING and NICE!  Whatdya know!  I explained why I didn't believe this was mine, not to mention this was from 2001 (WA is 3 years SOL), answered her questions, and VOILA!  She said she would close the account AND remove it from all three bureaus! 

AND she even faxed me a letter for our home loan underwriter!  WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone!

Hi mabb2003 and welcome to the forums.

I removed a full personal name from your post. Information such as this is not allowed in the public forums. You can relay such information via PM (Private Message).

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess maybe i'll try calling alicia & give her a story on how I need this off my credit report & maybe mention that I never received proper notifaction before this was placed on my credit reports?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.