cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMCA says they will Delete once paid but wont put it in writing.

tag
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMCA says they will Delete once paid but wont put it in writing.

I know what you mean. After having some comapnies put PFD in writing, it is very unnerving to come across one that not only asks you to take a leap of faith, but feels weird to boot. However, think about it this way: Is it your debt? Is it legit? If yes, then your only real option is to attempt the PFD, hope for the best, and GW it if it doesn't come off.

I felt weird also calling my latest creditor. I called for two accounts (medical) totaling about 250. They told me they had SIX of my accounts totaling about $730!! I'm thinking, these people are trying to take advantage of my willingness to PIF by screwing me for aditional charges. Then I asked questions... and came to the conclusion that the debts really are all mine. They offered to PFD for the two reporting, and not ever report for the other four. They said the supervisor will send me a written detail once I pay. What choice do I have really? The debt is mine... So I'm paying this Friday and hoping for the best.

Trust your gut, but see it from their side too. Just my .02. I hope that it works out whatever you decide.

Message 11 of 13
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

I know this is an old thread, but I had a collection with AMCA (Labcorp), and if I remember correctly, I just paid the small balance I had and included a letter asking them to delete, and they did. I think they will delete as long as you pay IMO.

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 12 of 13
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Try to get it in writing or email something.

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.