cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX won't remove Account Disputed Comments Requested by CRA's!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX won't remove Account Disputed Comments Requested by CRA's!

PLEASE HELP ME!

I have requested with EX and TU to have the Account in Dispute remarks removed from my charged-off Amex account. After 2 tries neither of them have deleted the comments and today I learned from EX that apparently Amex did not approve the comment removal.

What do I do or who do I call at Amex to get this taken care of? I am no longer disputing the account and I need these comments removed asap to close on my mortgage!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX won't remove Account Disputed Comments Requested by CRA's!

Send a letter to the bureaus via certified mail, that the accounts are not in dispute and that inclusion of the inaccurate information is in violation of the FCRA and is causing you economic harm. If said information isn't removed, you will sue them - and then do so if they don't comply.
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 2 of 7
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

I would also call Amex and speak to someone about it. However, the burden is on the bureaus to not report false data on your credit reports.
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 3 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Go to this link, message 4 and do exactly as Shanethemortgageman illustrates to remove dispute comments from all three of your reports.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...

The dispute comments mask your score, that is why mortgage lenders require their removal before approving your mortgage.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried that already, did not work.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the number for the Amex Credit Bureau Unit on the Backdoor Numbers list on this site.

Waited on hold for 30 minutes, finally got someone on the line.

She confirmed that the account had a dispute code on it and she removed it. She then sent updates to the credit bureaus while I was on hold and said it should update within 5 days. I am also waiting on a fax confirmation.

Seems like a disaster may be averted!

Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Moving to Rebuilding for better coverage

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.