Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANOTHER NEWBIE NEEDS HELP

tag
Atonswife
Contributor

ANOTHER NEWBIE NEEDS HELP

Hello Everyone...

I have been reading the forums for a few months now and have finally decided to post. First I would like to say that I have learned sooooo much from everyone here and I am so grateful for all the information. 

Right now I am in the process of cleaning up my credit. I pulled my reports from annualcreditreport.com, all except EQ-have to verify my identity by mail, but I did print the report from CK just to see what is on there. I have already written a couple of GW letters to my student loan issuer to see if they will remove a few late payments from 2012. I also wrote one to a CA that I paid in full to see if they will remove their tradeline. I have 2 baddies falling off of TU in July and Sep of this year and those same two baddies coming off of EX in May and July. Not too sure about EQ until I receive my offical report by mail but the report from CK doesn't show those same baddies on there so who knows. I also have two accounts that I plan on doing PFDs. So now, the main report that shows alot of negative items is EX. The issue that I have right now is that outside of the two baddies I just mentioned, non of the other accounts have an estimated fall off date or a DOFD. Some show a payment history and I guess I can estimate when those would fall off but how do I determine a fall off date for the ones with no payment history? These are mostly CO that have no history connected to them. I was thinking about asking EX to provide me with that information but I don't want to potentially stir something up like them having to contact the CA or OC to verify dates. I'm thinking this may bring attention to myself as these accounts are not currently updating. I really just want this information for my records so I can know when to expect these accounts to fall off and make sure the CRA is updating/removing these accounts accurately and timely.

Should I ask or leave it alone?

Thank you in advance for your responses.Smiley Happy

As of 11/02/15:
EX-679, TU-707, EQ-690 (FICO 08),7/31/15 691 (FICO 04)
CAP ONE QS-$4,250, CAP ONE QS-$2K, CAP ONE VISA SIG-$7K, JETBLUE AMEX-$5K, DCU PLATINUM VISA-$6.5K, AMAZON STORE-$5k, BANANA REPUBLIC-$5k

AU ACCTS: CAP ONE QS-$1.5K, CAP ONE CLASSIC-3K, BLOOMINGDALES-$3K, NORDSTROMS-$1K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

Re: ANOTHER NEWBIE NEEDS HELP

The ones that show up with no info could be the OC accounts that they sould to the collection agencies. You could dispute them and see if they will remove them since they sold them. Do an online dispute through EQ, TU, EX, you don't have to talk to anyone over the phone to do that.

| TU FICO: 747 | EQ FICO: 746 | EX FICO: 741 | Last HP: 5/20/15 |
Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Selling a debt is not basis for deletion of reporting by an OC, and thus there is no inaccuracy in reporting that would be disputable.

A party who reports either a charge-off or collection is requiried, under FCRA 623(a)(5) to report the DOFD on the OC account to the CRA within 90 days after reporting of he collection or charge-off.  The DOFD will thus be in your credit file,  but many commerical credit reports dont provide the reported DOFD.

Some will report the estimated exclusion date, which is approx 7 years from the reported DOFD.

If you want the actual reported DOFD, order your CR from annualcreditreport.com or directly from the CRA.

You can also obtain the DOFD by sending an info request to the CRA under the provisions of FCRA 609(a), along with the required processing fee, which is currently $11.00.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The date of major delinquincy is the day the 7 to 7 1/2 period begins.  Then you can determine when they will fall off your credit.  You can try and send them a goodwill letter towards the end of those fall off dates to try & remove them a little sooner.  But regardless of going to a collection agency, they will remain on your credit for that specific amount of time.  Disputing them could help if they do not respond to the credit bureau within a specific amount of time.  Paying them off will also look much better on your report. And the older they get, they better your score will be.

Message 4 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The date of major delinquincy is the day the 7 to 7 1/2 period begins.  Then you can determine when they will fall off your credit.  You can try and send them a goodwill letter towards the end of those fall off dates to try & remove them a little sooner.  But regardless of going to a collection agency, they will remain on your credit for that specific amount of time.  Disputing them could help if they do not respond to the credit bureau within a specific amount of time.  Paying them off will also look much better on your report. And the older they get, they better your score will be.

Not quite true. It's the DoFD (Date of First Delinquency) that starts the CRTP.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really?  They told me the date of major delinquincy?  Which they said was 90 days or for some 120 days. Up to the creditor.

Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Really?  They told me the date of major delinquincy?  Which they said was 90 days or for some 120 days. Up to the creditor.

Yes, really, the time an item can remain on file is 7.5 years from the DoFD. The date of first major del has no bearing on any timelines and it is the 90 day late mark.

FCRA § 605. Requirements relating to information contained in
consumer reports [15 U.S.C. § 1681c]

(c) Running of Reporting Period

(1) In general. The 7-year period referred to in paragraphs (4) and (6)6
of subsection (a) shall begin, with respect to any delinquent account
that is placed for collection (internally or by referral to a third party,
whichever is earlier), charged to profit and loss, or subjected to any
similar action, upon the expiration of the 180-day period beginning
on the date of the commencement of the delinquency which immediately
preceded the collection activity, charge to profit and loss, or
similar action.

Message 7 of 8
Atonswife
Contributor

Thank you all for your responses. Since I already have my report from annualcreditreport.com, I will contact the CRA directly for this information even if it requires a fee for processing. I just like to have everything organized and I think these things are especially important when trying to rebuild or just keeping on top of things in general. So thank you all againSmiley Happy

As of 11/02/15:
EX-679, TU-707, EQ-690 (FICO 08),7/31/15 691 (FICO 04)
CAP ONE QS-$4,250, CAP ONE QS-$2K, CAP ONE VISA SIG-$7K, JETBLUE AMEX-$5K, DCU PLATINUM VISA-$6.5K, AMAZON STORE-$5k, BANANA REPUBLIC-$5k

AU ACCTS: CAP ONE QS-$1.5K, CAP ONE CLASSIC-3K, BLOOMINGDALES-$3K, NORDSTROMS-$1K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.