Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO NEXT???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO NEXT???

Ok so far im just about done with clearing my cr of baddies its been a long two years, there are three that remain two of which fall off next month the other is a co from first premier that i have sent a pfd letter hopefully i can get that taken care of. I will pif either way i have two cc as of no secured cp1 and a credit one unsecured i dont think i should apply for anything any time soon as my scores currenty are quite  low and i have quite a few inq on my report (25 most of which fall off early next year) im just not sure if i should apply for another secured?shoud i wait until these baddies are off and ive taken care of the the third? ive only owned these cards a couple weeks so no reporting yet should i wait for them?......Any advice would be greatly appreciated

thank you so much!

hopefully i get a bit of a bump when this repo and medical co fall off and these cards start reporting 

fico eq 503 tu 462 ex 522

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO NEXT???

My advice would be to wait until all three baddies are cleared and give it time for the credit inquiries to fall off as well. Then I would apply for a couple of cards, PIF each month and then check your report again after about six months of consistently using and PIF. I am sure some others in here will give you more advice on some other things that you can do. One that I have learned on here is that time will do wonders. Good Luck.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds like a plan...thank you so much
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so far im just about done with clearing my cr of baddies its been a long two years, there are three that remain two of which fall off next month the other is a co from first premier that i have sent a pfd letter hopefully i can get that taken care of. I will pif either way i have two cc as of no secured cp1 and a credit one unsecured i dont think i should apply for anything any time soon as my scores currenty are quite  low and i have quite a few inq on my report (25 most of which fall off early next year) im just not sure if i should apply for another secured?shoud i wait until these baddies are off and ive taken care of the the third? ive only owned these cards a couple weeks so no reporting yet should i wait for them?......Any advice would be greatly appreciated

thank you so much!

hopefully i get a bit of a bump when this repo and medical co fall off and these cards start reporting 

fico eq 503 tu 462 ex 522

I would also wait until the two baddies fall off then see what kind of score bump I get,, it may be just enough to get an unsecured card at that time. best of luck!

Message 4 of 7
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

food for thought~ you might want to contact CB for early deletion of the two that are close to falling off.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your rebuilding efforts. When you get the cards, use them every month but pay in full all of them except for one before the statement cuts. The one you will have reporting a balance on the statement (anyone that gives you a grace period), make sure only shows a 1% utilization. And like the other poster said, contact the CRAs to see if they will give you an early deletion on the COs that are close to fall off.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do thanks...and I will contact the cra to see if I can get them removed
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.