cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANY progress is progress! So, what next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ANY progress is progress! So, what next?

Hey everyone! So, I purchased my TU FICO score through MyFico on 10/21/11, and it was 545. From then until now, I had two charge-offs removed of which I was an AU only and never used the cards and I had a PIF Chase closed account deleted. I sent a GW request to Cap1 to delete a 30 day late from 4/11, and it was denied. I need a contact for WFNNB to send a GW to, having trouble finding it. My WFNNB card is in bad shape. It is PIF, but they decreased my CL to zero. I also have 180 days late.

I purchaed my score again today, and it went up 24 points in less than 3 weeks! It is now 569. So, not great, but I'm happy!

What should be my next step? Should I wait a full year after my last late payment to apply for another card?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Re: ANY progress is progress! So, what next?

If your interested in keeping an eye on your reports, and seeing what is happening on all three I would highly reccomend the credit monitoring from USAA. It allows you to pull all 3 reports every day. It gives all thre FAKO scores too, but they dont really mean that much. I have myfico for Equifax score updates and monitoring, and I have USAA monitoring so I can pull all reports everytime somthing changes. This was very helpfull to me as I could keep a tabs daily on all three reports, just put much if any weight in to the scores USAA gives you.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I need a contact for WFNNB to send a GW to, having trouble finding it.

Try this website: click here and scroll down to Executives.  Sending your GW letters to someone who has the power to do something for you works much more quickly than dealing with the worker bees. 

Hope this helps! 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice!

I just app'ed for an Orchard Bank CC yesterday and got approved for $500 CL! Very excited to be rebuilding my future. I have a baby at home, and dream of owning a home for him in a few years. Thanks to this board, it just may happen!

Message 4 of 7
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Dont aim for such a long time. Youd be suprised how much you improve your scores in a just a few months. In 12 months, you may be writing offers on houses you never thought youd be able to buy. Aim high...

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 5 of 7
lbdebtfree

Hi, i'm new to the forum and don't know all the abbreviations.  But guess i don't have a clear picture of your situation.   Do you currently have any credit cards in good standing right now?   If so,  i'd say aggressively begin paying down any credit card debt you currently have to boost your score and then focus on using one of those credit cards wisely (buy something affordable or pay a bill with it each month and pay it off immediately - don't buy anything you can't afford to pay).   Overtime you'll rebuild your credit worthiness and show yourself as less of a risk.  Attempting to apply for a credit card will more than likely lower your score more and depending upon what card you apply for, it's possible you will be denied. There are cards out there for ppl who are looking to rebuild their credit, and the credit standards aren't too high.  They'll start you out with a low credit limit and slowly increase it based on how you handle the account.  You may have to pay a small annual fee but in some cases it is worth it. 

"Being wealthy is all great but living comfortable and care free is better."

Jan 2012 CK FICO ~ (Ex) 666, (EQ) 650, (TU) 628
Feb 2012 CK FICO ~ (Ex) 666, (EQ) 657, (TU) 652

Lowest Known Score 530's. Goal Score: 720
Message 6 of 7
lbdebtfree

Good deal!  I was going to recommend Orchard.  My situation was similiar to yours and i started out with them too and it helped me out tremendously.   Orchard gave me a chance to rebuild my credit worthiness and as a result i now have cards i never dreamed i'd have like American Express, Macy's, etc.  Rarely use them though Smiley Wink

"Being wealthy is all great but living comfortable and care free is better."

Jan 2012 CK FICO ~ (Ex) 666, (EQ) 650, (TU) 628
Feb 2012 CK FICO ~ (Ex) 666, (EQ) 657, (TU) 652

Lowest Known Score 530's. Goal Score: 720
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.