tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPING FOR AMEX but....please read

@Anonymous wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

Thanks! Yes the account was always in good standing... just showing up weird here. This is from my account and its weird because the account was in my wifes name and I was never AU on it (as far as I can remember)

So if we app'd now, we'd technically lose about a year or so is what you're saying?

you would loose 9 months of backdating, open it today the cards open date would be listed as  10/2008,  open in January it will be 1/2008  nothing major but if it takes a 2 months to get balances where you want them to be, it might be wise to wait one more month.  If you do apply you might want to go for two cards, one charge, and one revolver just for double the backdating goodness, and some of the charge cards have no AF for the first year. 

Thanks. Ill follow your exact advice. Ill wait 2 months while we handle the existing balances (although its almost done)...

Also, how does the 2 cards work? I never heard about that.. I'm used to only getting cards that would be used but could you explain?

I just also logged into my wifes CK account and noticed a collection from back in 2012 from LVNV FUNDING. She said they were calling her a while back and she didn't know for what/from where. They claimed they had some recording of her signing up and when she asked to pull up the recording they never called back and now I notice this on her report. I'm not sure how I should move forward. I did a quick search and a bunch of people are saying these people are very unethical and have no boundaries. Should I dispute this? This is the only neg along with a recent tax lien which Im working on getting removed. Her vantage score is however at 787 (fako I guess).

Thanks again!

Vantage Score means jack sh..

My TU FICO is 681 and my Vantage Score is 732. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OC on the account is

CA
LVNV FUNDING

Original Creditor
12 COLUMBIA HOUSE COLUMBIA HOUSE

I did a quick search on this company and it looks like a scam. Lots of people seemed to have done this.  I nearly almost divorced my wife 10 minutes ago when I realized this was on her credit but it looks like she was telling the truth.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The OC on the account is

CA
LVNV FUNDING

Original Creditor

I did a quick search on this company and it looks like a scam. Lots of people seemed to have done this.  I nearly almost divorced my wife 10 minutes ago when I realized this was on her credit but it looks like she was telling the truth.

WOW.

Columbia house...

Looks like Zombie Debt to me. Does it show an initial date of first default?

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The OC on the account is

CA
LVNV FUNDING

Original Creditor

WOW.

Columbia house...

Nope, it doesnt... is this company known for this or something?

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The OC on the account is

CA
LVNV FUNDING

Original Creditor

WOW.

Columbia house...

Nope, it doesnt... is this company known for this or something?

I just haven't heard of that company existing in the last 10 years.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do seem to have an active website but I'm almost 100% sure we never signed up with them.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife and I plan on apping for an Amex soon (once balances are at 0 and reported) however I was just going through my credit karma account and noticed the following. This shows up in the "accounts" section which seems to show all active/derog/inactive accounts.

Now, I only have one negative account which is Verizon (of course..) and the others are all current and active cards. We did have an Amex back in 2008 which is why we plan on apping again with them to hopefully get back dated. As far as my wife can remember they closed the card automaticaly but we aren't sure why. As you can see below it shows "Terminated" and "canceled by grantor" --

How come this is still showing up? Is this affecting our scores negatively? I'm just confused and don't know if this is a good or bad thing and if I should try getting it removed? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Credit Karma isn't coding it correctly, because the remark isn't covered in there program apparently, its closed, and was in good standing when closed or at least any baddies related to the account have fallen off, I would apply when you are ready, techically it might be better to wait till January for maximum back dating.  

Could I ask AMEX to remove this since im not sure whether or not its affecting my score?

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

No remarks are going to affect your FICO score.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remarks are going to affect the score or will not affect my score? I'd assume the latter, just a bit misleading the way you typed it out.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.