Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED! OMG...this forum rocks.

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

APPROVED! OMG...this forum rocks.

Ok, I have been lurking/stalking for sometime now. I joined myfico, got my score and started to dispute the incorrect items. TU and EQ are wonderful to deal with, EXPERIAN (the devil), not so much. They won't release my credit report without documentation...blah blah so I must play their game. Anyway, over the past month I was able to get 2 of the 3 collections deleted off TU & EQ. Honestly, I didn't even know what my score meant until I started reading the forums and educating myself. Sooo long story short, yesterday I applied for Capitol One and got denied; they offered me a secured card (boo!), but today I applied for a USAA visa and was approved for 3K and within the electronic disclosures it gave me the score it pulled from Equifax which was 681 (only 4 points off from myfico). I literally almost passed out in my office. Smiley Happy

I just want to thank everybody for all the information provided. The system works if you work the system.

I do have one question...should I go ahead and get the secured  cap one or just wait and apply elsewhere. Currently all I have is a car loan and a personal loan so I need to diversify with credit cards to boost my score. What to do????  

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: APPROVED! OMG...this forum rocks.

awesome!
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great! Congratulations Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

In my experience I would stay far away from capital one. Rarely give credit limit increases and rarely respond to goodwill inquiries if you ask.

Imo I would wait for 6 months to let usaa age and then try for a discover or something.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.