cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARGHH... crazy Equifax double-reporting!!!

tag
poet
Regular Contributor

ARGHH... crazy Equifax double-reporting!!!

Okay, I just noticed yesterday that I have several (like, seven) questionable hard inquiries. Four are about the same debt handed around three companies, the latest of which double-reported on the same exact account in July and August after I DV'd them. Now, ScoreWatch informs me that my score was dinged six points based on a small balance increase--but Capital One reported the same card twice!!!!

I need this like a hole in my head right now. JUST as I get in the position to pay it all off!!!

Other baddies/hard inquiries should have dropped off this month, but still show; I expect them gone by next month, but wonder if I should send a letter of some sort to the credit bureaus. In the next 2-3 months, I'll lose 2-3 more hard pulls. Most of the hard pulls stem from buying a house (and getting a few credit cards to get started) two years ago.

Anyone else seeing a sudden rash of double-reporting? Is it related to the new consumer-friendly laws, a hiccup at Equifax, or what?

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 673 EQ, 681 TU, 650 EX
Goal Score: 720

Update April 1: TU 615/EQ624
Update June 28: TU 641/EQ 626
Update Sept 21: TU 681, EQ 673, EX 650 (FAKO)
I FINALLY got that car at the rate I wanted! Thanks, FICO Forums!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.