Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARS deletion success--I *THINK*

tag
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

ARS deletion success--I *THINK*

Sooo two of my medical bills got sent to ARS collection agency and were reported on my CR. There are four in total from ARS from 2010-2012.

For two of them, I was covered. I contacted the OC last week with the proper documents, and I just got a letter from them today that said "we requested these two accounts back from ARS and requested that they delete these two accounts from your credit file."

So I called the woman who sent me the letter and I asked her if there was any way ARS would object to the deletion of the acounts and she said "not really, we're pretty much the leader of that bus." So that made me feel good!

Then I asked her if she could recall the other two accounts that I was NOT covered for if I'd pay in full.. and she said when could you pay it by? And I said a few weeks, and she said call me in a few weeks when you're sure you could PIF and I can see what I can do...

Sounds pretty good, right? I just don't know if I should count it as a success yet, until I see the two accounts deleted... and I think it should be a good increase, because they're recent. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: ARS deletion success--I *THINK*

@Jon85 wrote:

Sooo two of my medical bills got sent to ARS collection agency and were reported on my CR. There are four in total from ARS from 2010-2012.

For two of them, I was covered. I contacted the OC last week with the proper documents, and I just got a letter from them today that said "we requested these two accounts back from ARS and requested that they delete these two accounts from your credit file."

So I called the woman who sent me the letter and I asked her if there was any way ARS would object to the deletion of the acounts and she said "not really, we're pretty much the leader of that bus." So that made me feel good!

Then I asked her if she could recall the other two accounts that I was NOT covered for if I'd pay in full.. and she said when could you pay it by? And I said a few weeks, and she said call me in a few weeks when you're sure you could PIF and I can see what I can do...

Sounds pretty good, right? I just don't know if I should count it as a success yet, until I see the two accounts deleted... and I think it should be a good increase, because they're recent. 

Correct, they can request the CA to delete, BUT the CA doesn't have to. Best measure would be to send GW's to the CA if they don't delete their TL's!!!

Message 2 of 3
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

Re: ARS deletion success--I *THINK*

Thank you for your response! I really hope they just end up deleting... the woman on the phone (billing manager of the OC) sounded pretty confident, so I'm hoping she's right! I'll update...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.