Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASSET ACCEPT- NEED HELP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ASSET ACCEPT- NEED HELP

I Have two baddies with balances and looking to get a house in the spring and LO said these two will need to be cleared up before I apply. I two are asset accept and Prof debt mediation. I have DV both and asset accept came back validated and no response from prof debt.

Does anyone have an email address for asset accept that they were able to get a pfd? also if i settle for a paid in full status will it hurt my score ( i know it wont help, but I just need it to be paid for mortgage) Also how much should I offer the balance is 2095.00

please help thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ASSET ACCEPT- NEED HELP

bump please help

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump again

Message 3 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

FICO scoring only sees the CA, doesnt notice if it's paid or unpaid.

So if you pay it, there should be no score change. How old are these collections?

As far as the two CA's, if they dont want to agree to the PFD, then you will have to PIF or be considered settled as PIF and then send GW letter to ask for a delete.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you so much for responding LIGHTNIN, so can I do a settled amount for them to pfd or do they want PIF to normally accept PFD? The asset accept in from 08 and the prof debt mediation is from 07 so there both within the SOL. Is 40% or 50% of amount a good amount to offer for settled as PIF? so if i settle it wont change the date of the collection and hurt my score? (im going to try the PFD first but i have to have it paid or removed for the loan)

thank you thank you thank you for your help

Message 5 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you so much for responding LIGHTNIN, so can I do a settled amount for them to pfd or do they want PIF to normally accept PFD? The asset accept in from 08 and the prof debt mediation is from 07 so there both within the SOL. Is 40% or 50% of amount a good amount to offer for settled as PIF? so if i settle it wont change the date of the collection and hurt my score? (im going to try the PFD first but i have to have it paid or removed for the loan)

thank you thank you thank you for your help

If this is the case before you send any kind of offer make sure you have the funds to PIF. They could answer your PFD with a lawsuit.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

good to know marinevietvet! I do have it but was hoping to settle for lower amount. Do you have any experience with them, do they file lawsuits often? just not quite sure what to do with this one. They ignore when ive mail PFD and I couldnt get a email address anywhere for a higher up so I just sent an email to the general website and they sent back an email that they needed my full account number (i only had last four numbers) and they couldnt c0rrespond to emails and to call them at XXXXX. I just responded back email with the account number. Im afraid to talk to them on the phone, but running out of options.

any suggestions or anyone have a backdoor email for a higher up they could pm me?

Message 7 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

good to know marinevietvet! I do have it but was hoping to settle for lower amount. Do you have any experience with them, do they file lawsuits often? just not quite sure what to do with this one. They ignore when ive mail PFD and I couldnt get a email address anywhere for a higher up so I just sent an email to the general website and they sent back an email that they needed my full account number (i only had last four numbers) and they couldnt c0rrespond to emails and to call them at XXXXX. I just responded back email with the account number. Im afraid to talk to them on the phone, but running out of options.

any suggestions or anyone have a backdoor email for a higher up they could pm me?

Fortunately I've never had to deal with them. Just from reading other posts I have a sense they are not easy to work with. I wish I could tell you exactly what might work but I just don't know.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.