Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&T Wireless sent me to collections? Please help

tag
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Re: AT&T Wireless sent me to collections? Please help

@glamchick wrote:

i know me too!!  And thats great they are offereing for you to only pay half.   I also want to send a PFD offering half.  I really don't even owe it.     Keep me posted on this and if I find out anything that will help I will let you know.

Thanks!!!

I sure will keep you posted. Hopefully we have some success as this is the only thing I need removed.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 11 of 22
glamchick
Established Contributor

Me too!  I use to have the scores that you have now and this deducted like 90 points.

Ok so I called ATT today and they said they would deduct  $250.00 and let the collection agency know!  But they still can't explain to me why I owe $1000.00

When I sent a DV to the CA they sent me a cover page from aTT bill stating I owe $1000.00 but no details.

I will complain again and again to BBB and whomever else until this is removed off my credit report.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 12 of 22
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Be careful with AT&T. I bbb them and they fix bill but I still have a balance and have to pay collection fee. I will PM the lady name bbb deals with at AT&T. She is not helpful at all. She plays the word game. She offered me to pay less directly to AT&T but she will not contact collections. She is not authorized to really handle collections. I spoke to CA and they offered PFD over the phone but gave me run around about giving it to me in writing. I get an alert every Saturday about the collection. I will never do any type of business with AT&T ever again.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 13 of 22
glamchick
Established Contributor

Yep, I got a new alert this morning that I have a new collection UGH!  I looked at all my alerts and they are all from the CA.  They are reporting me every 2 weeks.  I am going to post this in the forums again and see if I can get any advice.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 14 of 22
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Before signing with anyone...read the fine print.  Save copies of the agreement.  This has come back to haunt so many people.  When you terminate early, there are fees involved, lots of them.Smiley Mad 

I am thinking of purchasing one of those receipt and document scanners, so it's all in one place.Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 22
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@glamchick wrote:

Yep, I got a new alert this morning that I have a new collection UGH!  I looked at all my alerts and they are all from the CA.  They are reporting me every 2 weeks.  I am going to post this in the forums again and see if I can get any advice.

ok. Will keep you updated my status as well.

Message 16 of 22
glamchick
Established Contributor

Unique620 - have you checked to see if they are licensed to collect in your state?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 17 of 22
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@glamchick wrote:

Unique620 - have you checked to see if they are licensed to collect in your state?

Yes they are.

Message 18 of 22
glamchick
Established Contributor

My state as well.  

Hey I found this letter that I might try and send instead of a PFD just yet.

This is a follow-up DV.

To Whom It May Concern:

I requested a validation of the debt your company claims I owe on xx/xx/xxxx. In response, I received a letter noting the amount that I allegedly owe and a blank credit card agreement. Consumers have the right to request a validation of debt to ensure that the company collecting the debt has not made an error. Sending me notice of the amount I supposedly owe does not prove that I owe the debt, it merely proves that your company seeks to collect the specified amount. In addition, the blank credit card agreement merely illustrates the rules and regulations applicants must agree to when applying for that card. It does not contain my signature and, as such, has nothing to do with me.

Please note I am not requesting a verification of your records or a verification of the credit card company 's current policy. I am requesting proof that I incurred this debt, how much was incurred and that you have the right to collect it. Proof of my liability is my legal right under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Sincerely,

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 19 of 22
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

It sounds good. This forum has a great one as well in rebuild credit section. I have been researching several other forums and have not seen one were they failed to VD. I am dealing with bbb since they verbally agreed to pfd but refuse to give it to me in writing. Because I need to get this removed ASAP. Will let you know how it goes.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.