Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&T called today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AT&T called today!

I previously posted about my collection from ERC regarding an AT&T account. It seems the only way to beat ERC is to go through the OC.

AT&T's EO office called me this morning agreed that my debt would recalled from the CA. She said they are working on making my account a zero balance and it should be recalled within the next 48 hours.

When should I expect ERC to remove from my reports? Should I call them and make sure they are on it or wait it out?
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: AT&T called today!

I would wait for confirmation from the OC that they have in fact terminated the assigned collection authority before paying.

Otherwise, the debt collector will not be under any requirement to delete their reporting.

The CRA policy, as set forth in their credit reporting manual, is that a debt collector should NOT delte their reporting based on payment of a debt, but should delete their reporting if their collection authority is terminated before the debt is paid.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not paying the whole debt is being cancelled. It should have never been in collections.
Message 3 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not paying the whole debt is being cancelled. It should have never been in collections.

If the debt is being canceled by the OC then there is nothing for anyone to collect on and the CA entry should be deleted. If the OC is sending you a letter on this keep it around as evidence its been settled.

Message 4 of 20
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Great!

Much better than simply cancellation of collection authority!!!!!

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, can you PM the contact information you sent to AT&T. I have been trying to contact them about an old bill that I have.

Message 6 of 20
jinmikesung
New Contributor

Hello,

Please let me know a contact information as well.

Message 7 of 20
cody205
Established Member

Please send me information as well. I also need to contact AT&T regarding a prior account. I would very much like to be off of AT&T's prepaid plan! =(

Starting Score: EX 452 10/2014
Current Score: EQ 559 TU 551 EX 558 04/15/2015
GOAL Score: 625 by AUG 2015
. . . $600 . . . . . . . $300 . . . . . . . $500 . . .
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your inboxes!!!
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

EO called again today. She said she is fine with her part. She dug up the old account and issued a statement credit for the whole amount.

Now the collections department has to do their part. Probably won't get to it till Monday but they have to be the ones to contact the CA and update then on the situation.

Then the CA will be able to remove their report.

I wish it would just disappear already!! I'll give it another 10 days for me to be ale to see that it's of my reports.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.