Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT and T has two inquiries

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

AT and T has two inquiries

For some reason AT and T has two inquiries listed on my CR (one day apart)...anything i can do about this....i don't want it hurting my score

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: AT and T has two inquiries

How old are these inquiries?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 5
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Less than a month.  I'm really annoyed by it.  I mean, I don't plan on obtaining new credit any time soon but you never know.

Message 3 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Here's what I think you are looking for a non-permissible purpose letter.You may reword it to say they only has permission for one inquiry and not for two inquiries.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Non-Authorized-Inq-Letter/m-p/6469

Or what I would suggest trying first is, calling at&t and talk with CSR to see if they can fix it over the phone, before you go thru the trouble of writing a letter.

Inquiries report for 2yrs and only hurt your CS for the first year,But from my experience an inquiry only hurt my CS by a few points only.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There is no apparent reason for them to have done this.  I agree that you should talk with this creditor, and ask them to delete the second inquiry.

But to say that the second was not a permissile pull will be difficult to support.

When they make an inquiry, they have to give a reason for the pull, such as for new credit, or review of an existing account.

There are no provisiions under FRCA 604 that limit the spacing of multiple credit inquiries.  I know of no justification for asserting a non-permissible pull.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.