Established Contributor

AT and T has two inquiries

For some reason AT and T has two inquiries listed on my CR (one day apart)...anything i can do about this....i don't want it hurting my score

Chase Freedom: $1500, Citi Diamond Preferred: $3000, Barclays: $3900, Chase Disney Visa: $1500, Chase Southwest Signature: $5000, Citi TY Preferred: $3000, Cap One Platinum: $1750, Cap One Platinum Rewards: $2500, Orchard Bank: $900, Kay Store Card: $4500
Senior Contributor

Re: AT and T has two inquiries

How old are these inquiries?

FICO's Oct 2013 TU711 EQ713 EX723~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Established Contributor

Less than a month.  I'm really annoyed by it.  I mean, I don't plan on obtaining new credit any time soon but you never know.

Chase Freedom: $1500, Citi Diamond Preferred: $3000, Barclays: $3900, Chase Disney Visa: $1500, Chase Southwest Signature: $5000, Citi TY Preferred: $3000, Cap One Platinum: $1750, Cap One Platinum Rewards: $2500, Orchard Bank: $900, Kay Store Card: $4500
Senior Contributor

Here's what I think you are looking for a non-permissible purpose letter.You may reword it to say they only has permission for one inquiry and not for two inquiries.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Non-Authorized-Inq-Letter/m-p/6469

Or what I would suggest trying first is, calling at&t and talk with CSR to see if they can fix it over the phone, before you go thru the trouble of writing a letter.

Inquiries report for 2yrs and only hurt your CS for the first year,But from my experience an inquiry only hurt my CS by a few points only.

FICO's Oct 2013 TU711 EQ713 EX723~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Epic Contributor

There is no apparent reason for them to have done this.  I agree that you should talk with this creditor, and ask them to delete the second inquiry.

But to say that the second was not a permissile pull will be difficult to support.

When they make an inquiry, they have to give a reason for the pull, such as for new credit, or review of an existing account.

There are no provisiions under FRCA 604 that limit the spacing of multiple credit inquiries.  I know of no justification for asserting a non-permissible pull.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.