Established Contributor
EaglesFan2006

AT and T has two inquiries

For some reason AT and T has two inquiries listed on my CR (one day apart)...anything i can do about this....i don't want it hurting my score

Chase Freedom: $1500, Citi Diamond Preferred: $3000, Barclays: $3900, Chase Disney Visa: $1500, Chase Southwest Signature: $5000, Citi TY Preferred: $3000, Cap One Platinum: $1750, Cap One Platinum Rewards: $2500, Orchard Bank: $900, Kay Store Card: $4500
LIGHTNIN

Re: AT and T has two inquiries

How old are these inquiries?

FICO's Oct 2013 TU711 EQ713 EX723~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Established Contributor
EaglesFan2006

Less than a month.  I'm really annoyed by it.  I mean, I don't plan on obtaining new credit any time soon but you never know.

Chase Freedom: $1500, Citi Diamond Preferred: $3000, Barclays: $3900, Chase Disney Visa: $1500, Chase Southwest Signature: $5000, Citi TY Preferred: $3000, Cap One Platinum: $1750, Cap One Platinum Rewards: $2500, Orchard Bank: $900, Kay Store Card: $4500
LIGHTNIN

Here's what I think you are looking for a non-permissible purpose letter.You may reword it to say they only has permission for one inquiry and not for two inquiries.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Non-Authorized-Inq-Letter/m-p/6469

Or what I would suggest trying first is, calling at&t and talk with CSR to see if they can fix it over the phone, before you go thru the trouble of writing a letter.

Inquiries report for 2yrs and only hurt your CS for the first year,But from my experience an inquiry only hurt my CS by a few points only.

FICO's Oct 2013 TU711 EQ713 EX723~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

There is no apparent reason for them to have done this.  I agree that you should talk with this creditor, and ask them to delete the second inquiry.

But to say that the second was not a permissile pull will be difficult to support.

When they make an inquiry, they have to give a reason for the pull, such as for new credit, or review of an existing account.

There are no provisiions under FRCA 604 that limit the spacing of multiple credit inquiries.  I know of no justification for asserting a non-permissible pull.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+