Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATT / Enhanced Recovery / Franklin

tag
thejessulator
Valued Member

ATT / Enhanced Recovery / Franklin

Hi!

Enhanced Recovery and Franklin is reporting that I owe debts to ATT - one is for $400, and one is for $285.  Not sure if they're the same debt (just reporting different amounts) or two different accounts and this is correct. 

Can I just call ATT to verify the amounts and pay them directly?  Can they remove me from collections after they're paid?  

I understand that ER is pretty good with DVs and PFDs, but Franklin doesn't seem to be so easy.  In any case, I would like to pay ATT directly so in the future I can have an account with them again.

Happy New Year!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: ATT / Enhanced Recovery / Franklin

In their dunning notice, they state that they are collecting on behalf of the OC?

If so, then they still have the ability to accept payment, but it is up to them.

Many assignment agreements with debt collectors include terms that any payments must be made to the debt collector, not the OC.

If you pay the OC, that wont require deletion of the separate reporting of the collection by the debt collector.

You would have to get the OC to first terminate their assignment to the debt collector prior to payment.

CRA policy is that a debt collector must delete their reporting if their collection is terminated without payment of the debt, but that a debt collector should NOT delete their reporting based on payment of the debt.

If you offer a PFD to the debt collector and they accept, you have agreement from the reporting party to delete their own reporting.

If the OC still owns the debt, payment goes to them, so they still get their $$.

The debt is not owed to the debt collector, who only gets whatever fee is set forth in their assignment contract.

It might be preferrable to offer a PFD directly to the debt collector.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.