cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU?? Good or not so good

tag
donewith600

AU?? Good or not so good

O.k. I'll try to make this short and to the point. I'm trying to qualify for a mortgage. Need only about 6 more points for bond money.
Credit summary:
WF CC $300 cl $0 bal
GECU CC $500 cl $20 bal
1 CA $360 sent pfd already
1 repo 5 yrs old
AAoA 5 yrs

Question. . Should I become an AU on my wifes CC with $1000 cl $0 bal only 1 month old. ..will it help..
Also hard pulls with mortgage lender are like at 7 within 6 months???

Any advise??
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: AU?? Good or not so good

That new of a card will drop your AAoA.  Can't say how many points though.  If it was a 6 years old card it would help.

When do you plan on applying again?

I don't understand your question about HPs.

Message 2 of 4
donewith600

How badly are the hard pulls affecting my score.
I will wait a month before doing another hard pull with the lender to see if paramount gets back to me about the pfd I sent them.
I just don't know what my next step should be.
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would first ask the prospective lendor how they view scoring once the info is no longer all yours.

Addition of an AU to your scoring does not permit them, if they so desire, to determine your score absent the account history of another.

They may simply accept the revised score, or they may not.  I would ask before potentially creating a situation where they might ask you to remove it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.