Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU account on EQ and TU

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: AU account on EQ and TU

It was negative in that it read bad debt/collection, but it listed a zero balance, chargeoff/sold, but there was no CA reporting, just OC. The SW scenario simulator didn't give an option to pay that account or simulate payment, so don't know how it'd affect score.
Message 11 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would guess you will see some score increase.  Since it was a CO'd AU account getting it off your report should help.

Message 12 of 17
bearsfan34
Regular Contributor

Could you let us know since you did delete it if your score goes up or goes down. It was your oldest TL right?

Starting Score: EX 631 EQ 629 TU 646 1/18
Current Score: __
Goal Score: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I disputed on EQ, EQ has stated it's been deleted, but I've seen no alert on SW as of yet. I was told I set my target score too high, so I might not get it. If it doesn't alert me by tomorrow, I will buy a new report at 30% off before I decide on if I'm keeping/canceling the SW service.

After that I will purchase my TU report and score, and do the same there.

I will definitely update though, so stay posted!
Message 14 of 17
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@bearsfan34 wrote:

Could you let us know since you did delete it if your score goes up or goes down. It was your oldest TL right?

bearsfan34,

My score had a nice jump! It did drop my AAoA from 2 years to 1, but my payment history went from good to great on the scorewatch report. I am ecstatic right now. Time to get to work on TU, and now I want to become a member of PSECU for EX as well.  My EQ is set, no bads, just gotta build/garden. I will continue to update, but I may make another thread.

Message 15 of 17
bearsfan34
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!!! I am considering doing the same but was worried with my history getting cut short. It is the worst thing on my report. Thanks for the update!

Starting Score: EX 631 EQ 629 TU 646 1/18
Current Score: __
Goal Score: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 17
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

The tradeoff in AAoA vs the negative was definitely worth it for me. I am too new to the boards to recommend doing it, but it worked out great for me. Maybe one of the vets can chime in.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.