Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU and AAoA

tag
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

AU and AAoA

My wife mistakenly added me as an authorized user on one of her new accounts. If I have her remove me will it come off my report and no longer have an =effect on my AAoA or will it still be on there and show as closed by consumer?

She never leaves a balance on the card so I am not worried about utilization, just AAoA.

What should I do?

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AU and AAoA

@raisemysc0re wrote:

My wife mistakenly added me as an authorized user on one of her new accounts. If I have her remove me will it come off my report and no longer have an =effect on my AAoA or will it still be on there and show as closed by consumer? If it reports at all it will report as relationship terminated then you call the creditor and ask that it be removed and if they wont then dispute it thru the CRAs as an AU account and you are not responsible for repayment of the account and you want it deleted.

She never leaves a balance on the card so I am not worried about utilization, just AAoA.

What should I do? Already gave you the procedure up above, good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.