Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU on CO Account on TU

tag
jodi27
Established Member

AU on CO Account on TU

I have been surfing through the message board history, but can't find a definitive answer to this question:

I thought that I had all of my accounts in good shape, but then discovered the TU is reporting a chargeoff on a Sears CC that I was an authorized user on.  I know that I am not financially responsible for this, but do I have any chance of getting this removed from my credit report?   Should I pursue disputing this?   Thanks!

Starting Score: 4/10 585
Current Score: June 2013 EQ 744 TU 705 EX 750
Goal Score: 12/13 > 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AU on CO Account on TU

@jodi27 wrote:

I have been surfing through the message board history, but can't find a definitive answer to this question:

I thought that I had all of my accounts in good shape, but then discovered the TU is reporting a chargeoff on a Sears CC that I was an authorized user on.  I know that I am not financially responsible for this, but do I have any chance of getting this removed from my credit report?   Should I pursue disputing this?   Thanks!

There shouldn't be any problem with you disputing this as "not my account" because it isn't.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 6
jodi27
Established Member

Thanks Marine!

So you're saying that if the dispute is successful, that it is entirely removed from the TU credit report?

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@jodi27 wrote:

Thanks Marine!

So you're saying that if the dispute is successful, that it is entirely removed from the TU credit report?

That's correct. Just as you inherited the entire history of the account as an AU you will disinherit the history when it is removed.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 4 of 6
jodi27
Established Member

The account has already been deleted from my credit report; it took less than a week!!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@jodi27 wrote:

The account has already been deleted from my credit report; it took less than a week!!  Smiley Happy

Another victory!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.