Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU on Discover Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU on Discover Card?

My mom was just approved for a Discover Card (1800) and she wants to put me on as an AU. I'm just not sure if I should do it or not. Rebuilding and applied for multiple cards last week. I personally have  BofA (secured 300), Cap1 QS (300), VS (500), Overstock(1000) and Amazon Store(600). Any advice? Also, now that I have these cards, should I use them. I know that sounds like a dumb question but... Do I SD them and just let them hang out or at least use them once a month or so? My score have slowly been rising, they were in the mid 500's last year and now I am in the 600's (low).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AU on Discover Card?

@Anonymous wrote:

My mom was just approved for a Discover Card (1800) and she wants to put me on as an AU. I'm just not sure if I should do it or not. Rebuilding and applied for multiple cards last week. I personally have  BofA (secured 300), Cap1 QS (300), VS (500), Overstock(1000) and Amazon Store(600). Any advice? Also, now that I have these cards, should I use them. I know that sounds like a dumb question but... Do I SD them and just let them hang out or at least use them once a month or so? My score have slowly been rising, they were in the mid 500's last year and now I am in the 600's (low).

I would not do it, its a new account you want older accounts for AU, no reason to muddy the waters now since you have your own cards to build on, it will cause a decrease in score since its a new account and will drop your AAoA.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. You've already got starter cards. Apply for an unsecured Cap One card. If approved, then close the secured Cap One card and apply for a second Cap One card.

Use you bank cards in place of your debit card/cash/checks, and pay it down each week.

Message 3 of 5
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

No need for AU accounts when you have plenty of revolving accounts of your own.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I added my husband to mine. I've inly had it 2 months, and it brought his score up 20points.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.