Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU reporting on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU reporting on CR

So my credit has been a roller coaster for most of my adult life.

It was bad, then I worked until it was very good then life kicked me and back down to bad.  Its not terrible Im high 500s with all my scores.

Luckily I married a woman who is wonderful in every way, inculding her credit.

She added me to both of her Prime CC acounts as an AU.  An AMEX BCE and a Wells Fargo Cash Back card.  I also have my AMEX Platinum that I somehow managed to not get closed through my recent down turn.  AMEX has me on a fairly short leash on the Platinum though.   I just was approved for a Capital One Quicksilver card also.

My question is I read everywhere that for the best score improvemnt I need 3 revolving accounts and 1 installment.  I have the installment in a US Bank RV loan and my question is this .

Does being an AU on my wifes cards count as one of my revolving accounts in the above scenario?  OR should I have 3 revolvers in my name instead of being an AU?

THanks in advance for the help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU reporting on CR

@Anonymous wrote:

So my credit has been a roller coaster for most of my adult life.

It was bad, then I worked until it was very good then life kicked me and back down to bad.  Its not terrible Im high 500s with all my scores.

Luckily I married a woman who is wonderful in every way, inculding her credit.

She added me to both of her Prime CC acounts as an AU.  An AMEX BCE and a Wells Fargo Cash Back card.  I also have my AMEX Platinum that I somehow managed to not get closed through my recent down turn.  AMEX has me on a fairly short leash on the Platinum though.   I just was approved for a Capital One Quicksilver card also.

My question is I read everywhere that for the best score improvemnt I need 3 revolving accounts and 1 installment.  I have the installment in a US Bank RV loan and my question is this .

Does being an AU on my wifes cards count as one of my revolving accounts in the above scenario?  OR should I have 3 revolvers in my name instead of being an AU?

THanks in advance for the help.

AU does not get you as much mileage as it used to. Its really only useful for getting a jumpstart with a thin file. Get three revolving accounts in your own name.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.