Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU????

tag
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

AU????

I know of someone wanting to add their relative as an AU.  the account is only a few months old with a low utility.  However, the person whose trying to be added as an AU has a CC that was opened as recent as June.  Would it be beneficial to be added as an AU?

Starting Score: 06/2011 505 EX 523 Lender Pulled
Current Score: 08/2011 628 EX 575 Lender Pulled
11/14/2011 TU 584

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
***Closed on my home 05/18/2012***

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU????

@MissMia75 wrote:

I know of someone wanting to add their relative as an AU.  the account is only a few months old with a low utility.  However, the person whose trying to be added as an AU has a CC that was opened as recent as June.  Would it be beneficial to be added as an AU?

It depends on the credit history of the future AU.  If their oldest account is the one opened in June, then yes, being added as an AU on the "few months old" account will be beneficial because it will help their AAoA.  If the AU in question has accounts older than june, and especially if their AAoA is older than "a few months old" being added as an AU would hurt them (or at the very least, have no effect) because it would lower their AAoA.

However, if the AU in question has a poor history, the "few months old" account could help them since it is in good standing (presumably it has been paid on time) and has low util.

If the AU in question has a reporting account(s) older than the "few months old" account, I would not add them.

Message 2 of 3
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

Re: AU????

Am I understanding that if the account is older than 3 months old then it would be beneficial to add and if under 3 months it would not be beneficial to be added as an AU?

Starting Score: 06/2011 505 EX 523 Lender Pulled
Current Score: 08/2011 628 EX 575 Lender Pulled
11/14/2011 TU 584

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
***Closed on my home 05/18/2012***

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.